Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 "cartridge has expired"  (Read 5372 times)

harris

Z3100 "cartridge has expired"
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:50:52 pm »

On my z3100 the monitor has an error message - "LC cartridge has expired".  I changed the cartridge and still get the same message.  I have called HP and attempted to speak to a service rep and have been put on hold - and then disconnected on two occasions.  Third time held for 30 minutes and then had to hang.  In meantime printer will not operate.  Have been told that they only have two people handling Mac.  Would appreciate any suggestions.
Harris

Roscolo

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:10:41 pm »

The z3100 can still print with an expired cartridge. I am printing with an ink cart that says "expired" in the HP Utility.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:17:08 pm »

Quote from: harris
On my z3100 the monitor has an error message - "LC cartridge has expired".  I changed the cartridge and still get the same message.  I have called HP and attempted to speak to a service rep and have been put on hold - and then disconnected on two occasions.  Third time held for 30 minutes and then had to hang.  In meantime printer will not operate.  Have been told that they only have two people handling Mac.  Would appreciate any suggestions.
Harris

Try toggling Alerts OFF then back ON.  You can do this from the driver, or from the Front Panel of the Printer.

harris

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:55:02 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
The z3100 can still print with an expired cartridge. I am printing with an ink cart that says "expired" in the HP Utility.
Thanks but I am aware of that - all of my other inks have "expired" yet I have no problem with them.  And when I go to "ink levels" on the monitor it shows the cartridge is full however the cartridge indicator blinks with an exclamation mark.  I previously cleaned the print heads and that did not help.  

Also, with regard to the subsequent post about "alerts", I am unable to find where I can turn off the alerts, but I doubt if that would help in light of what I have said above.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated - and if anyone knows how to get service without waiting for an hour that would be great - I have an extended contract but if I cannot talk to anyone it is not worth a hill of beans.

Harris

Roscolo

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:44:29 pm »

My expired cart shows the exclamation point also, but it isn't blinking and I am able to print. Did you try the toggling suggestion above? I would also try turning the printer off, then back on.

harris

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
My expired cart shows the exclamation point also, but it isn't blinking and I am able to print. Did you try the toggling suggestion above? I would also try turning the printer off, then back on.

Turned it off and back on and now printing - many thanks.

Harris

Roscolo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 03:40:02 pm »

Glad you got it working. I could not remember for sure, but it seemed like I had to turn off/on to print with my expired Lt Cyan cart. The z is a great printer, but can be a little quirky. I think the turn off / on is potentially the solution to a few of the quirks.

EvoM

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »

Funny, same thing happened to me today on my Z3100.
LC 2nd May2010 expiry.

Restarted printer and although the utility still shows exclamation mark instead of level (approx 39m) back to printing. Upon further checking, I see other inks that expire this month too so expect the same. They also show ink is out of date but not EXPIRED!

Evom
Pages: [1]   Go Up