Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vicinity of Sandy, UT  (Read 4724 times)

b.e.wilson

• http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson
Vicinity of Sandy, UT
« on: September 19, 2002, 10:03:25 pm »

[font color=\'#000080\']There might be a bit of snow on the ground, but the Bingham mine (to the West of Sandy) is always a fun place to shoot if there is (or even if there isn't).

The fall colors will probably be gone high in the mountains, but a drive up Big or Little Cottonwood canyons (just East of Sandy) might yield some colorful shots.[/font]

Lee Rothman

Vicinity of Sandy, UT
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 10:07:13 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I live in East Millcreek, which is the East side of the City and just North of Sandy. I would highly recommend you take a drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon as it is just East of you there in Sandy, and is only a 20 minute drive up or so. I was able to shoot wild Red Fox and lot's of other outdoor scenes up that way. This time of year is great for the change of the Aspen trees colors and all of the various other plants and animals. It can be accessed by taking 7200 South and just travel East and you will go right up that canyon. There is also Big Cottonwood Canyon as well just to the North. Everything is very close in the Salt Lake area. That is one of the reasons I live there.  :D[/font]

Matthew Cromer

Vicinity of Sandy, UT
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 08:11:41 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I'll be making a business trip at the end of October to Sandy, UT (A suburb of Salt Lake City).  I'd be interested in finding somewhere to take landscape photographs in that vicinity (pref. within a 30 minute - 1 hour drive).   Any good ideas?[/font]

Matthew Cromer

Vicinity of Sandy, UT
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 05:22:56 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Thanks Bruce.  Your travel writeups of the Utah area are always well worth reading.  I used your article on Bryce a couple weeks ago and got some interesting shots there, despite the rain, clouds and fog.  What a great place that is.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up