Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 1D Mk11  (Read 1401 times)

jwarthman

Canon 1D Mk11
« on: May 01, 2004, 12:18:20 pm »

Sam,
I'm trying to understand exactly the nature of your camera's problem. You mention "L jpeg" in the sense that the file sizes are too large. What image type were you trying to capture?

Also, what was your process for trying to set the camera for other than L jpeg? What buttons did you press, what menus did you display, and what, exactly, happened? Did you just not see the expected choices? Did you see and select a different choice, and got an error message? Did the camera appear to "accept" your choice, but simply continued to shoot L jpeg?

Last, when you print 9x9 on your Dye Sub, what resolution and pixel dimensions do you use?

Perhaps if you can elaborate, someone here can help.

Best Regards,

Jim

walker

Canon 1D Mk11
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 05:24:10 am »

Hi,
Just a general question to everyone who has one of these, has anyone had the same problem or know of a cure!!!!

As a professional event photographer I was looking forward to getting mine it arrived Tuesday this week...excitment to say the least as I was on a Golfing Shoot at Woburn Golf and Country Club in deepest Bedfordshire for a very prestige client I decided to leave the 1D's in the car so having been briefed that the client wanted the images printed off that same evening (Dye Sub) 9x6's in a mount 110 thereof and 1 action shot for each PERFECT to try it out.

It was just about when I arrived at the tee selected for the best shot and the one with the clients banner..dont forget the advertising sorry banner, on attaching the 16-35 for the 4 ball group shot it was then that it hit me....I was and still am unable to select anything other than L jpeg...no problem I hear you say try downloading 3/400 images onto laptop no problem you say but try sending the info to the Dye Sub printer....file size processing long or what.

Anyway got the job done just took longer everyone happy at that end not at my end, to be fair my supplier got onto Canon UK within minutes of my call told they had not had any such problems YET!!! but I was to have what they call a swap out...however because these are like rocking horse ...t I will have to wait 6 months yes i said 6 MONTHS now is that what you call solving the problem!!! I have work coming out my ears so they said use it till we get you one...big help.

Anyway there is my shout at a company I have supported for years and praised to my fellow peers...if Chuck sees this I hope stateside your service to the customer who has shelled out in access of £3K gets it better than I am.

Regards

Sam

walker

Canon 1D Mk11
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 09:57:15 am »

Hi Jim,

Sorry if my english is a problem!!! but all the NEW camera would do is stay stuck in L jpeg no other choices whatsoever.....

As to sizes for the Dye-sub this has no part to play in the scheme of things...all I said was it took longer to print.

My point is what do I have to wait 6 months for a replacement!!!

I would of course like the choice of RAW/Medium/Fine jpeg but I am unable to select it.

Thanks

Sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up