Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MultiShot interiors  (Read 6199 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
MultiShot interiors
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 01:36:41 pm »

Quote from: Yelhsa
Sounds like a real 'need item' then - for garment images on the web.
(Original file size, from either system, would be just over 8' x 6' @ 72ppi)

Speciality suites at The g.

No 100% detail crops in there. Yes, my clients do like to take those and do appreciate being able to do so. If they really need it? Who am I to make that call for them. They like it and that is important enough for me. Mind you, the 100% details are the same with single as well as multishot. The big difference is that the multishot images doesn't have color artefacts and isn't fuzzy nor does it have moire though that isn't entirely true since even multishot images sometimes suffer from both color as well as pattern moire (mostly pattern).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:42:32 pm by Dustbak »

JonathanBenoit

MultiShot interiors
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 03:02:37 pm »

Quote from: BJNY
Hasselblad is 5 shot....the first being some sort of reference frame [I was told].
Perhaps David Grover will elaborate?

This is odd. I just did a demo of the MS back a couple weeks ago and I specifically remember 4 shots and the dealer said that sometimes it does a 5th, but not usually.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
MultiShot interiors
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 07:38:27 pm »

Quote from: JonathanBenoit
This is odd. I just did a demo of the MS back a couple weeks ago and I specifically remember 4 shots and the dealer said that sometimes it does a 5th, but not usually.

It's been a couple years, but I think you're correct. And I think what is happening (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) is when it does 5 it is doing a pre-shot to judge the light variance between shots (if there is any) and make adjustments for evening out the exposures if there is a variance (that can be handled). Otherwise it would probably give an error informing you of such if the variance was too great to compensate for.

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

jduncan

MultiShot interiors
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:42 am »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
They (UK reps) told me they were expecting it last month, so we might get it this month.
Thanks. Let's wait and see
english is not my first language, an I k

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
MultiShot interiors
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 02:00:29 am »

With some multishot backs and software not only was moiré eliminated when shooting a 4-shot, but due to the fact that de-bayering or interpolation was not needed, the colours came out better. I found that with the Jenoptik Precision backs the reds were obviously better in 4-shot mode than 1-shot mode. Look at the shadows of the strawberry below - the red is smoother and doesn't have black artifacts around the edges of fibres etc. If I ever had to shoot red subjects when I owned this back I would use 4-shot mode whenever I could. Although after heavy sharpening and printing in a magazine the difference was probably not noticeable.

I think the better interpolation of modern raw processing software for 1 shot backs has largely overcome this now, because I don't see these dirty reds with my Sinar eMotion back (a one shot back) using eXposure for the processing.

Ben

[attachment=21780:multisho...mparison.jpg]

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
MultiShot interiors
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 03:12:36 am »

Quote from: Steve Hendrix
It's been a couple years, but I think you're correct. And I think what is happening (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) is when it does 5 it is doing a pre-shot to judge the light variance between shots (if there is any) and make adjustments for evening out the exposures if there is a variance (that can be handled). Otherwise it would probably give an error informing you of such if the variance was too great to compensate for.

Steve Hendrix

Yes, that is correct however the pre-shot cannot be turned off optionally. At least not in Phocus. I will have to fire up Flexcolor to see if it is there but I am not aware it is but it has been a year ago since I used it. Amazing how fast time goes and how much you forget and how fast
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up