Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit>Assign Profile vs. View > Proof Setup > Custom  (Read 1810 times)

RichardJWhite

Edit>Assign Profile vs. View > Proof Setup > Custom
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:28:06 am »

I am on Mac 10.6.3 CS4. When I have an image open in photoshop and assign a profile under the the edit tab, with the preview checked in the dialog box and switch between the Moab icc profile for Lasal Matte Epson 2880 and the Moab icc profile for Lasal Matte Epson 3880, there is a significant difference in the color. However when I soft proof > custom using relative colormetric and black point compensation checked and switch between the same profiles there is no difference.

What is the diffence?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:05 pm »

Quote from: RichardJWhite
I am on Mac 10.6.3 CS4. When I have an image open in photoshop and assign a profile under the the edit tab, with the preview checked in the dialog box and switch between the Moab icc profile for Lasal Matte Epson 2880 and the Moab icc profile for Lasal Matte Epson 3880, there is a significant difference in the color. However when I soft proof > custom using relative colormetric and black point compensation checked and switch between the same profiles there is no difference.

What is the diffence?

When you're printing or softproofing the image you're not assigning, you're converting the image to printer+paper profile. You may use "preserve RGB numer" in softproofing dialog box to get the same effect, as when you're assigning the profile - but there's not much practical use for that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:23:00 pm by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

RichardJWhite

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:15:06 pm »

Quote from: Czornyj
When you're printing or softproofing the image you're not assigning, you're converting the image to printer+paper profile. You may use "preserve RGB numer" in softproofing dialog box to get the same effect, as when you're assigning the profile - but there's not much practical use for that.

Understood. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up