Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.6.3-CS4 No Color managment. Does it work?  (Read 2464 times)

RichardJWhite

10.6.3-CS4 No Color managment. Does it work?
« on: April 20, 2010, 08:46:07 pm »

There is a thread about this, I know. I am a complete neophyte and it is hard to sift through all the info. Is there a definite answer? With CS4 and 10.6.3 do I turn off color managment in the photoshop dialogue box and in the driver? Or do I use the work around, which I believe is to select rgb 98 in photoshop and rgb in the driver dialog box as well. Help!

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:38:03 pm »

Quote from: RichardJWhite
There is a thread about this, I know. I am a complete neophyte and it is hard to sift through all the info. Is there a definite answer? With CS4 and 10.6.3 do I turn off color managment in the photoshop dialogue box and in the driver? Or do I use the work around, which I believe is to select rgb 98 in photoshop and rgb in the driver dialog box as well. Help!

Depends on what printers and driver versions you are using, but generally you set PS to manage color and turn off CM in the driver. If drivers are written correctly for 10.6 and app that use Apples new print path. CM in the driver is automatically turned off when application manages color is selected.

Doyle
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:42:36 pm by Doyle Yoder »

RichardJWhite

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 12:51:01 am »

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
Depends on what printers and driver versions you are using, but generally you set PS to manage color and turn off CM in the driver. If drivers are written correctly for 10.6 and app that use Apples new print path. CM in the driver is automatically turned off when application manages color is selected.

Doyle

I am using both an Epson 2880 and 3880. There is this: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/solving.shtml The work around is for Epson/CS4/snow leopard, but I am running 10.6.3 and there is a thread here that suggests that the problem may be fixed in the .3 version. Should I just have 2 profiles made per printer, using the work around and the turning off color managment and see which works best?

Is there an image somewhere that I can print out using boths methods and then tell which one is working based on the color?
Pages: [1]   Go Up