Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SpectraView II users  (Read 1625 times)

Roscolo

SpectraView II users
« on: April 19, 2010, 01:40:21 am »

I think I'm about to purchase a P221W with SVII Pro. Reading the user guide for the SVII Pro 1.1.02 on the NEC website, the guide lists 25 or so NEC monitors Spectraview II supports.

I'm not sure if the list refers to monitors you can use and take advantage of all the features of the SVII or if the list means that you can only use SVII Pro with only these 25 monitors, period. Can you calibrate other monitors not on the list with the SVII Pro as well?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
SpectraView II users
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:05:35 am »

Quote from: Roscolo
I think I'm about to purchase a P221W with SVII Pro. Reading the user guide for the SVII Pro 1.1.02 on the NEC website, the guide lists 25 or so NEC monitors Spectraview II supports.

I'm not sure if the list refers to monitors you can use and take advantage of all the features of the SVII or if the list means that you can only use SVII Pro with only these 25 monitors, period. Can you calibrate other monitors not on the list with the SVII Pro as well?

You can calibrate NEC monitors from the list, and you can profile any monitor you like, but you can't linearize it via LUT of the graphic card .
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Roscolo

SpectraView II users
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:01 pm »

Thank you, Czornyi, for your monitor recommendation and answers. I just placed an order for the P221W with SVII Pro. With shipping, $602, so I met my price point. Looking forward to some color management improvements here. Thanks again

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
SpectraView II users
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:54:38 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
Thank you, Czornyi, for your monitor recommendation and answers. I just placed an order for the P221W with SVII Pro. With shipping, $602, so I met my price point. Looking forward to some color management improvements here. Thanks again
It's the set up I have and you will be very pleased.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up