Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rm3d QTVR FYI  (Read 4067 times)

CBarrett

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« on: April 18, 2010, 01:40:27 pm »

The Arca on full roatation.

Mine should be shipping quite soon, volcanoes not withstanding.  : )

BobDavid

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 04:27:26 pm »

pure loveliness

David Klepacki

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:47:39 pm »

Hi Chris,

Congratulations!  Mine should be coming next week as well.   What lenses did you choose for it?

David

CBarrett

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:44:59 pm »

Quote from: David Klepacki
Hi Chris,

Congratulations!  Mine should be coming next week as well.   What lenses did you choose for it?

David

Nice, David.  I just got the Schneider 35 XL Digi to replace my pathetic Rodenstock.  I'll probably have my 55 Rodie mounted up but not the 70 or anything longer.  When Schneider finally releases their new 28 and 43, I'll get those in R mount too.  I also ordered the R Bayonet adapter plate so I can use any R mounted lenses on my M2.  It's all coming together...

-CB

TimothyHyde

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:46:49 pm »

What were you using before, Chris:  the Arca M?   Did you consider the Cambo and Linhof Techno options?  
By the way, the "personal" work on your website, especially "Exit Americana" is simply stunning.

JonathanBenoit

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:57:25 am »

Quote from: CBarrett
Nice, David.  I just got the Schneider 35 XL Digi to replace my pathetic Rodenstock.  I'll probably have my 55 Rodie mounted up but not the 70 or anything longer.  When Schneider finally releases their new 28 and 43, I'll get those in R mount too.  I also ordered the R Bayonet adapter plate so I can use any R mounted lenses on my M2.  It's all coming together...

-CB

Chris,

Have you tested the r bayonet adapter with the M2?  Just curious as to any limitations with the wide lenses.

CBarrett

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 12:27:07 pm »

Tim,

I'm currently using the new Arca M Line 2, which is a great camera and will be my work horse for studio shooting and long lens shots.  I borrowed the Rm3d from Arca for about a week and I can see advantages for using it when trying to work a little quicker (say on exteriors) or when I want to be un-tethered.  I have rented the Cambo RS on numerous occasions and think it's a fine camera, well made, compact and easy to use.  Still, I prefer the Rm3d with it's built in tilt, higher resolution focus mechanism and sliding back capability.  Plus I can swap the lenses back and forth with my view camera.

Jonathan,

That's a good question that I expect to discover the answer to soon.  I'll do a full review on the R at my blog and will assuredly discuss the modularity between the systems.

Cheers,
CB

Harold Clark

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett
Tim,

I'm currently using the new Arca M Line 2, which is a great camera and will be my work horse for studio shooting and long lens shots.  I borrowed the Rm3d from Arca for about a week and I can see advantages for using it when trying to work a little quicker (say on exteriors) or when I want to be un-tethered.  I have rented the Cambo RS on numerous occasions and think it's a fine camera, well made, compact and easy to use.  Still, I prefer the Rm3d with it's built in tilt, higher resolution focus mechanism and sliding back capability.  Plus I can swap the lenses back and forth with my view camera.

Jonathan,

That's a good question that I expect to discover the answer to soon.  I'll do a full review on the R at my blog and will assuredly discuss the modularity between the systems.

Cheers,
CB

Chris,

How is the new Rm3d working out? I am curious as to how the lens mount works, is it a simple design that is easily transferrable to another camera? I thought this might be the case since focussing is done on the camera.

( PS. Interesting coincidence- I was looking through some ebay records and I see I bought your Contax G2 in 07. Great little camera, I use with B&W film mostly, and process myself ).

Harold

fredjeang

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 12:57:19 pm »

Love it!

Each time I look at you guys, with these gears, it makes wonder if with my DSLRs I'm doing photography or a kid's game.
No doubt I'll join that train one day, (when I'll stoped to be a kid).  

archivue

Rm3d QTVR FYI
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 10:05:46 pm »

Quote from: fredjeang
Love it!

Each time I look at you guys, with these gears, it makes wonder if with my DSLRs I'm doing photography or a kid's game.
No doubt I'll join that train one day, (when I'll stoped to be a kid).

mind you, the RM3D is also a toy to ply photography... but just more expensive ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up