Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad and LensWork extended  (Read 2380 times)

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
iPad and LensWork extended
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:48:47 am »

Have anybody tried to read/view LensWork extended PDF's on the iPad?

I realize that audio and video is probably out (flash), but does the PDF themselves with text and images show properly?

If they do I think that alone would be a reason for me to get the iPad.  

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Paul Williamson

• http://www.mustbeart.com
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:10:48 am »

It would appear that LensWork Extended PDFs are NOT compatible with the iPad, as of the latest issue 87, when they started using Acrobat 9 features. These files show up with an "unknown file format" message and a little picture of an alien!

The individual PDF files from issue 86 are compatible. I was able to get the iPad to recognize some of the multiple-file hierarchy by zipping the files up and moving the zip file into the app GoodReader on the iPad (using iTunes to do the moving). However, if I tried to move the entire issue onto the iPad this way, it failed. I was able to move an entire issue into GoodReader using GoodReader's wifi server, but that was a lot slower (30 minutes).

The standalone audio files are no problem, MP3 is supported. Links to them from the PDF, however, don't seem to work.

I agree, LensWork Extended would be very cool on the iPad. Maybe Brooks can be convinced to support it, somehow.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:56:43 am »

Thank you for the reply! Let's hope Brooks can find a way to support the iPad, or even better: that a proper PDF reader becomes available on the iPad so all back issues also work as they should. Maybe Adobe could port Acrobat to the iPad so all PDF features  can work.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up