Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pinnacles  (Read 1785 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
The Pinnacles
« on: April 17, 2010, 07:27:23 am »

Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island Victoria - Taken at sunset with warm golden light illuminating the pink volcanic granite. My first visit to this amazing location - Already looking forward to going back. Its almost Jurassic in nature - or as my photographer friend pointed out 'Straight out of the Flinstones'.

Comments and thoughts welcome as always. Will put up a post on the back story to this photograph on my Blog tomorrow.
[attachment=21553:_74X29682010.jpg]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:27:52 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

DarkPenguin

The Pinnacles
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 01:39:50 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island Victoria - Taken at sunset with warm golden light illuminating the pink volcanic granite. My first visit to this amazing location - Already looking forward to going back. Its almost Jurassic in nature - or as my photographer friend pointed out 'Straight out of the Flinstones'.

Comments and thoughts welcome as always. Will put up a post on the back story to this photograph on my Blog tomorrow.

I like this one quite a lot.  The bit of light in the front really does wonders.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
The Pinnacles
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:28:36 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H

I like it: the light is beautiful. I wonder if it might have been improved if the water had been blurred by a slightly longer exposure.

Jeremy

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
The Pinnacles
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:23:07 pm »

Lovely!
Bill

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
The Pinnacles
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 05:56:14 am »

Thank you. I have also uploaded a very short video I shot on location on my pocket S90 (just for fun - no comments on the quality please.. Im a stills guy!   ). On my Blog.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:56:53 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

GrantKaye

The Pinnacles
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:48:54 pm »

Very. very well done. I concur with whomever above said that the light in the foreground adds much to the overall sentiment of the image. Nice job! Look forward to seeing more when you go back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up