« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:04:58 am »

Lovely !
+1 for making it b/w
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:05:14 am by ChristophC »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
View
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:02:14 am »

Timo, #3's my vote for the best of the lot, though I'm not thrilled by the toning. It sure looks like northern Michigan, which probably is why so many of my childhood friends were Finnish. Fine work as usual.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

DarkPenguin

View
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:43:29 pm »

Quote from: RSL
Timo, #3's my vote for the best of the lot, though I'm not thrilled by the toning. It sure looks like northern Michigan, which probably is why so many of my childhood friends were Finnish. Fine work as usual.

+1

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
View
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 02:10:19 pm »

I like third one the best, first one the least.  I find them all a bit too dark, muddy toned (first photo in particular, cloudy skies in second photo)

Composition is great on all.

Regards,
[size=12p

Timo Löfgren

View
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 02:32:31 am »

More.....

francois

View
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 11:50:04 am »

Timo,
#3 is also my favourite. The pristine land calm look of this landscape is very reassuring. It's seems to be such a tranquil place.
Francois

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
View
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:51:43 pm »

I love #3 Timo and quite enjoy the toning because it challenges how you would normally expect to see a scene like this. The darkness encourages me to search for more, and thereby taking more time to respond to the shapes and elements in the image. OInce again Timo you have a superb eye, and a shown mastery in processing.

Julie

Dale Villeponteaux

Re: View
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:47:18 am »

A very late post, but I just found these.  I can't speak to the technical aspects as the others can, but I can comment on my emotional response.  I may be the only one who likes #2 best.  The undulating snow line leads the eye to the snow-covered boulder, then by a light right diagonal to the mysterious sky, which I liked very well.  Brooding, the still moment before the storm. I feel imprisoned by #3.  The heavy rocks and inward-leaning trees on the right feel oppressive.  I would like to escape to the open space on the left, but have nowhere to go.

Ibsenesque (can that really be a word?) images.  I am grateful to you for posting them.

Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.
Pages: [1]   Go Up