Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did they create this image?  (Read 10061 times)

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
How did they create this image?
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 09:28:39 pm »

I think this is the first time I agree with you. I hate to agree with you but at the same time it makes me feel very good.
I just have to forget about all that DOF, bokeh etc and replace it with pretty models.

TMARK

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:11 pm »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
Isn't this type of usage covered under editorial (i.e., non commercial) use? Or, to be more precise, isn't this a textbook example of the fair use concept, as per the Copyright Act of 1976:

...the fair use of a copyrighted work... for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching... or research, is not an infringement of copyright..."

Yup.

TMARK

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »

Quote from: Theresa
As an ex-RN I can say that whether ones diet is "healthy" and exercises, being too thin is harmful.  Its sad that fashion dictates that models be unnaturally thin.

She's not too thin.  When you see these girls in person they look gangly and tall.  Theses girls are a small percentage of the population, are naturally thin, and their height makes then appear even thinner than they are.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 11:16:52 pm by TMARK »

lisa_r

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 11:28:28 am »

Just fyi: Raphael has been making stunning images for so long it's crazy. I have Guess catalogs from years ago which I kept because the girls are gorgeous, the image quality is amazing, colors, locations, printing, etc. Too bad they are not printing those catalogs anymore. I used to go the Guess store on lower Broadway just for the catalogs.

Too bad his agency's site is down right now, but check it out when it is back up: http://www.miconworldwide.com/

And I thought it was funny that the photo posted was this amazing girl on a couch, and the guys here start measuring body parts, speculating on trick cameras, etc. Just funny! From a technical standpoint this looks like the simplest picture to me. (shot by a highly skilled crew, of course...)

I would have asked the same question about the Michael Kors ad on page 38: how was that shot, how many images went into the composite, etc. THAT photo looks funny to me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:31:24 am by lisa_r »

Rob C

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »

If you really want to knock your brains out with 'how did he' questions, have a closer look at the early work of Marino Parisotto Vay. According to an article on him in an old French PHOTO magazine, he claimed to have a guy in Rome who fashioned anamorphic lenses for him to use on his Pentax 67...

Maybe my fading memory or maybe not; just some publicity hype, perhaps, but certainly something unusual going down.

Rob C

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:49 pm »

I'm not sure why the fuss about his shot. Looked like a wide lens up close and apparently it was.
But then 24mm is my standard lens and I like to shoot close.
What did bother me was the tip of the foot being missing, always looks like a mistake when that happens.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up