Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5  (Read 8879 times)

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
CS5
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 06:16:40 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
It's one thing for a developer to state their policy, compatibility and state when they will offer full support is one thing–but to actually advocate users defer upgrading to a new version is out of line. This is bad juju on Nik's part...and won't endear them to either their users nor Adobe.

I must say I'm disappointed with Nik. Many other developers (OnOne, Topaz, Imagenomic etc) have already released updates compatible with 64-bit CS5 on Mac, but Nik says that Viveza will be available only mid-summer and other products at unspecified dates after that. I love Silver Efex, but to my mind this is too long a wait.

Speaking of Mac 64-bit compatibility, any update regarding Photokit Sharpener?

Edhopkins

CS5
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 01:54:49 pm »

On the Macintosh:  Noise Ninja currently runs only in 32 bit mode but promises to have the 64 bit version "soon."

(We will either temporarily revert PS5 to 32 bit mode to use Noise Ninja or use CS4 for Noise Ninja work and pass the work on the CS5. Neither of these solutions is elegant.)

Paul Sumi

CS5
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 02:01:15 pm »

Quote from: Mike Louw
Speaking of Mac 64-bit compatibility, any update regarding Photokit Sharpener?

Pixelgenius says they are "planning on releasing new paid upgrades to PhotoKit, PhotoKit Sharpener and a free upgrade to PhotoKit Color 2 in the near future."

No mention on whether is this will include a Mac 64 bit version.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:01:30 pm by Paul Sumi »

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
CS5
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 02:32:30 pm »

Quote from: Paul Sumi
Pixelgenius says they are "planning on releasing new paid upgrades to PhotoKit, PhotoKit Sharpener and a free upgrade to PhotoKit Color 2 in the near future."

Thanks Paul. I've seen the PG site; I'm just trying to squeeze some insider info out of Jeff Schewe. Never an easy task.....  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up