Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imageprint DEMO mode question  (Read 1819 times)

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
Imageprint DEMO mode question
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:53:06 am »

I'm running IP6.1 through Parallels on a mac. I have had the occasional problem of the demo mode image printing out but have always been able to fix it using the Troubleshooting Guide in the Database here.
Today however when I tried to re install the printer in the IP Setup window, I get this error "Couldn't Copy LibSpecfic.dll  Continue?" (I don't know if this is the issue behind the DEMO mode or not.)
I'm trying to get a job out but this is really obviously holding me back.
Any ideas?

Thanks
R

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:25:25 am »

I found out the answer. IP6.1, the version I have doesn't do PostScript. I was trying to print a pdf. My mistake. So when it read the file as a pdf it went into evaluation mode.
FYI for anyone else out there.

Mark Paulson

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

I purchase Imageprint for my Epson 2200  a while back. BE CAREFUL! I called ImagePrint and spoke with John Pannozzo an asked him what kind of a printer I should upgrade to. He suggested the Canon ipf5100 ove the Epson 3800. It is over a yer later and if you check their website it has totally dropped the Canon Printers. It used to say coming soon. If you really need a RIP look elsewhere!!

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »

Quote from: MarkPaulson
I purchase Imageprint for my Epson 2200  a while back. BE CAREFUL! I called ImagePrint and spoke with John Pannozzo an asked him what kind of a printer I should upgrade to. He suggested the Canon ipf5100 ove the Epson 3800. It is over a yer later and if you check their website it has totally dropped the Canon Printers. It used to say coming soon. If you really need a RIP look elsewhere!!
Yeah, I used IP for my Epson 9600 with great success, but when I traded that out for a Canon iPF8000 it was useless. I contacted ColorByte and they said they were working on a version of IP for the Canon iPF printers, and that I could upgrade IP for use with the Canon for the cost of a simple upgrade. It's been years since I contacted ColorByet and now any upgrade of IP is priced as a full version. The software & dongle are now completely useless.  
~ CB
Pages: [1]   Go Up