Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Tahoe Sunset  (Read 1108 times)

GrantKaye

Another Tahoe Sunset
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:37:54 pm »

The sunset Friday was nice....I had a great weekend of shooting, and now the storm has rolled in and we're supposed to get a few feet of fresh. Hope all of you guys got out this weekend and had some fun!

So, in the below image, does the "empty" bottom right corner bother you guys? Any different cropping suggestions?

[attachment=21436:_MG_5665.jpg]

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Another Tahoe Sunset
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:53:47 pm »

That's a lovely atmosphere you got!

As for the "empty" corner, I does not bother me much, but one way to deal with it would be a vignette. I would also crop the lower part of the image, at least halfway between the rock and the image bottom... that would bring the horizon, currently smack in the middle, closer to the lower third. Alternatively, there is one format that goes well with symmetrical composition, and that is a square one.

GrantKaye

Another Tahoe Sunset
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:02:35 am »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic

As for the "empty" corner, I does not bother me much, but one way to deal with it would be a vignette. I would also crop the lower part of the image, at least halfway between the rock and the image bottom... that would bring the horizon, currently smack in the middle, closer to the lower third. Alternatively, there is one format that goes well with symmetrical composition, and that is a square one.

Ahh yes - pretend I took it with my Bronica...good idea. I'm glad you pointed out the 50/50 horizon split...I think I have a bad habit lately of not thinking more in thirds while I am composing.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Another Tahoe Sunset
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 01:55:39 am »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic

I agree...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up