Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800: "Copies and Pages" Pop-Up Menu Missing  (Read 4067 times)

Photolandscape

Epson 3800: "Copies and Pages" Pop-Up Menu Missing
« on: April 10, 2010, 02:27:15 pm »

I recently started using a Mac Mini with 4GB RAM and the latest, greatest Intel processor. I also upgraded recently to CS4 Photoshop. I downloaded the latest Epson driver for my 3800, Epson 12786. Followed all the directions religously.

When I print from CS4, open the image, select "Print", I get the 1st "Print" menu showing the photo, paper profile information, etc. as normal.

When I click on print, I get the second "Print" menu showing me the name of the printer and a pulldown menu for presets.

BUT, there is no third pulldown menu (as there always has been in the past) for "Copies and Pages," "Print Setting" and "Printer Color Management". Where did it go and what could be going on here?

In addition, when I do try to print from CS4 (my files are typically 20MB-200MB) I get an error message. I have checked cables, connections, and am getting the point where I may start pulling my hair out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

colinm

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 02:47:40 pm »

Next to the printer dropdown is a blue button with a disclosure triangle in it. Click that and the rest of the printer dialog should appear.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:48:48 pm by colinm »
Colin

Photolandscape

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:08:29 pm »

Quote from: colinm
Next to the printer dropdown is a blue button with a disclosure triangle in it. Click that and the rest of the printer dialog should appear.

I clicked it, but it does not appear. Weird.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:38:17 pm »

Quote from: Photolandscape
I recently started using a Mac Mini with 4GB RAM and the latest, greatest Intel processor. I also upgraded recently to CS4 Photoshop. I downloaded the latest Epson driver for my 3800, Epson 12786. Followed all the directions religously.

When I print from CS4, open the image, select "Print", I get the 1st "Print" menu showing the photo, paper profile information, etc. as normal.

When I click on print, I get the second "Print" menu showing me the name of the printer and a pulldown menu for presets.

BUT, there is no third pulldown menu (as there always has been in the past) for "Copies and Pages," "Print Setting" and "Printer Color Management". Where did it go and what could be going on here?

In addition, when I do try to print from CS4 (my files are typically 20MB-200MB) I get an error message. I have checked cables, connections, and am getting the point where I may start pulling my hair out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you are using ethernet, this can be caused by setting up the printer to use bonjour instead of IP.  This is the opposite of what is claimed on Epsons site where they state using IP printing is problematic so you should use bonjour.  Whether or not bonjour works seems to depend on the network itself, I have been using it for some time, but when I moved my 7900 to my new location, bonjour seemed to not like the network.  A call to Epson tech support had me delete the 3800 printer from the printer and fax preference pane, then install a new one, but choose the one with (IP) in the name.  Often it takes quite a while after hitting the + (add printer) button for the IP choice to show up.

If you are using USB there seems to be several things that can contribute to problems similar to what you describe.  I've helped a few cure this with a complete driver uninstall, reset of the printing system and reinstall of the driver.  I have a little write up on the steps if you want to give it a try .. http://tinyurl.com/ybydkpg

Photolandscape

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:48:16 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
If you are using ethernet, this can be caused by setting up the printer to use bonjour instead of IP.  This is the opposite of what is claimed on Epsons site where they state using IP printing is problematic so you should use bonjour.  Whether or not bonjour works seems to depend on the network itself, I have been using it for some time, but when I moved my 7900 to my new location, bonjour seemed to not like the network.  A call to Epson tech support had me delete the 3800 printer from the printer and fax preference pane, then install a new one, but choose the one with (IP) in the name.  Often it takes quite a while after hitting the + (add printer) button for the IP choice to show up.

If you are using USB there seems to be several things that can contribute to problems similar to what you describe.  I've helped a few cure this with a complete driver uninstall, reset of the printing system and reinstall of the driver.  I have a little write up on the steps if you want to give it a try .. http://tinyurl.com/ybydkpg

Thanks Wayne. I just took the computer to the Apple Store and had them check it out--including doing a complete driver uninstall and a reset of the printing system. I will follow your steps and give them a try. I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up