Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows7 and DotNetFramework  (Read 8227 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
Windows7 and DotNetFramework
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 07:07:08 pm »

Quote from: Mark D Segal
It doesn't have the recovery system of Windows 7. Unfortunately this computer is not up-gradeable to Windows 7 because Dell won't issue new BIOS for it, despite that it is only 3.5 years old. My last PC. I'll be switching to Mac sometime in the not too distant future.
Don't be so hasty about switching.  Win7 appears to be rock solid.  I've been running it since it came out and have had no problems at all.  Microsoft now provides free virus and malware support through their own program so you don't have to hassle with Symatech any longer.  I sold my Epson 2880 to a friend who had one of the new Macs and it was impossible to install properly.  I spent three hours with her and still couldn't get prints to come out right (of course I'm a PC guy).  With all the printing problems who needs those kinds of headaches.  

Alan

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 07:36:07 pm »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
Don't be so hasty about switching.  Win7 appears to be rock solid.  I've been running it since it came out and have had no problems at all.  Microsoft now provides free virus and malware support through their own program so you don't have to hassle with Symatech any longer.  I sold my Epson 2880 to a friend who had one of the new Macs and it was impossible to install properly.  I spent three hours with her and still couldn't get prints to come out right (of course I'm a PC guy).  With all the printing problems who needs those kinds of headaches.  

Alan

Alan, I'm not being hasty - it's been under consideration and discussion for quite a while, but the fact is that about 95% of the digital imaging gurus I ssociate with are all on Mac and they have good colour-managed workflows with which they produce gorgeous prints. As for Symantec - stopped using their garbage quite a while ago. It conjures-up the symbolism of pouring molasses into your computer. I've heard good things about Windows 7, but from what I see and hear I think Apple manufactures a higher quality product with better support than is commonly available in the PC spectrum. I have no illusions that either system is just a breeze out of the box.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

walter.sk

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »

Quote from: jtmiller
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Microsoft has at least one or more installation cleanup utitilies. I had a problem with a Silverlight install and they pointed me to a cleanup utility which solved that and had many other applications listed which it would fix as well. This is the one that I used to fix that:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9...1BD/msicuu2.exe

jim

thanks for the links, Jim.  I'll try them out in the morning.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up