Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody recognize this guy?  (Read 5210 times)

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:57:35 PM »

Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

fredjeang

  • Guest
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »

I bet it could be Michael Reichmann on the right.

Fred.
Logged

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »

NO! The guy on the left!
Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

Rob C

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 14469
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »

Obviously Bruce Willis on the set of GI Jane.

Rob C

Christoph C. Feldhaim

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2509
  • There is no rule! No - wait ...
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

After long and careful consideration I came to the conclusion, that there is no guy in the middle.

fredjeang

  • Guest
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »

His he a singer?
Could you give one clew?
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 12:52:25 PM »

Quote from: ChristophC
After long and careful consideration I came to the conclusion, that there is no guy in the middle.
but there is a table...my tailor is scandalously rich.
Logged

joseph ramos

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 01:25:51 PM »

Peter Lik
Quote from: fredjeang
but there is a table...my tailor is scandalously rich.
Logged

fredjeang

  • Guest
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »

Quote from: joseph ramos
Peter Lik
Yes, I think you are definitely right, it's Peter.

Fred.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:29:58 PM by fredjeang »
Logged

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 01:58:09 PM »

Quote from: joseph ramos
Peter Lik


WOW! That took longer than I thought! HAHA!
Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »

Quote from: stamper
What was the point of this post and why was it not deleted before now by the moderator?

Do you not know who Peter Lik is? or are you just that much of an *sshole?  
Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11095
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »

Quote from: RichardGilbert
Do you not know who Peter Lik is? or are you just that much of an *sshole?  

Peter Lik seems to be an Australian photographer. So? I don't see the point of this thread either.
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes

http://myrvaagnes.com  Visit my photo website. New images each season. Also visit my new website: http://ericneedsakidney.org

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »

Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
Peter Lik seems to be an Australian photographer. So? I don't see the point of this thread either.

He's an Australian what? Photographer? and you don't see how that could relate to this forum??    

I didn't know citizenship had anything to do with photography, and not only that even if it did Peter Lik is now an American photographer who specializes in American Landscape who is arguably one of the best color landscape photographers alive.  
Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

Adam L

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • http://adamlozo.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

Logged
"That's a lot of money to move a few pixels around"

JeffKohn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1670
    • http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

Quote from: RichardGilbert
He's an Australian what? Photographer? and you don't see how that could relate to this forum??    

I didn't know citizenship had anything to do with photography, and not only that even if it did Peter Lik is now an American photographer who specializes in American Landscape who is arguably one of the best color landscape photographers alive.  
I saw some of his work in Vegas the last time I was there for a conference, and it's quite nice. But I'm still not sure what the point of the original post was. No context or back-story was given on the photo, it wasn't even initially clear which person we should be guessing the identity of. Was the point that we should know what Peter Lik looks like? Are you the other fellow in the photograph? If so, may be stating as much and mentioning the circumstances of the encounter/photo would have made it a little more interesting.

RichardGilbert

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 34
    • http://www.richardvgilbert.com
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 05:06:44 PM »

Quote from: JeffKohn
I saw some of his work in Vegas the last time I was there for a conference, and it's quite nice. But I'm still not sure what the point of the original post was. No context or back-story was given on the photo, it wasn't even initially clear which person we should be guessing the identity of. Was the point that we should know what Peter Lik looks like? Are you the other fellow in the photograph? If so, may be stating as much and mentioning the circumstances of the encounter/photo would have made it a little more interesting.


I assumed everybody on a landscape photography forum would have known him right away. I hold him in very high esteem and he is definitely a major motivation behind most of my landscape photography. I assumed it would be like posting a picture of your self with President Obama in a political discussion forum.
Logged
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

DarkPenguin

  • Guest
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 10:03:41 PM »

Quote from: stamper
What was the point of this post and why was it not deleted before now by the moderator?

You're right.  That's very strange.  They're usually very good at removing threads like this.  Which is good because this place would be over run but this kind of photography related stuff if they didn't.

You did hit the report button, right?
Logged

DavidB

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 241
    • http://davidburren.com/
Anybody recognize this guy?
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »

Richard, you know what they say you're doing when you AssUMe...

A well-known name, but not a well-known face in all circles.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up