Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alpine Glow - Mount Cook and Mount Tasman  (Read 1631 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Alpine Glow - Mount Cook and Mount Tasman
« on: April 06, 2010, 08:37:46 am »

I shot this almost a year ago but only got around to processing it this evening as it was one of around a thousand frames I shot over the course of the day. Because I was at ISO1600 it languished in my Lightroom catalogue unloved - but I like it a lot and should have processed it earlier (I really should re-process it in LR3 Beta 2 to see what the difference is in noise reduction). Was taken by  helicopter as the sun was setting last Winter over Mount Cook and Mount Tasman in the South Island of New Zealand. Thoughts and comments welcome.

Canon EOS1DSMK3 w/ 24mm F1.4L MKII - ISO1600 F3.2 1/1250th - PP Lightroom 2.6
[attachment=21312:_74X79582009.jpg]
Full story on this photograph on my Blog
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:15:42 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

RichardGilbert

• http://www.richardvgilbert.com
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 11:25:20 pm »

Don't you love it when the lighting is just right?! Great image!
Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

nigelrudyard

• http://www.flickr.com/mostonianexile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:23 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
I shot this almost a year ago but only got around to processing it this evening as it was one of around a thousand frames I shot over the course of the day. Because I was at ISO1600 it languished in my Lightroom catalogue unloved - but I like it a lot and should have processed it earlier (I really should re-process it in LR3 Beta 2 to see what the difference is in noise reduction). Was taken by  helicopter as the sun was setting last Winter over Mount Cook and Mount Tasman in the South Island of New Zealand. Thoughts and comments welcome.

Canon EOS1DSMK3 w/ 24mm F1.4L MKII - ISO1600 F3.2 1/1250th - PP Lightroom 2.6
[attachment=21312:_74X79582009.jpg]
Full story on this photograph on my Blog

Nothing to say other than 'stunning' -- a beautiful scene, beautifully captured. The pink light makes the rather forboding mountains look like candy. I've photographed the French and Italian alps, but rarely with any warmth in the light.

Keep up the great work!
"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment."
~ Ansel Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up