Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone use an Eizo Coloredge monitor? Text display problem  (Read 3223 times)

steveball

Anyone use an Eizo Coloredge monitor? Text display problem
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:41:10 am »

I would like know if the Eizo Coloredge CG222w I set up yesterday is defective. The problem is text clarity, it looks pixellated and at smaller sizes virtually illegible. Is this the way it is with LCD monitors? (this is my first, Radius CRT for 10 years). I'm at native resolution - 1680 x 1050.
Is there anything I can do to improve the clarity?

I bought this in preference to cheaper LCDs because I thought Eizos were high quality but I'm thinking of returning it and buying Lacie/Dell instead.

I'm a graphic designer using Quark / photoshop / Illustrator. Dual 1.8 G5 Apple Mac desktop.

Thanks for any info.

RichardJWhite

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 08:11:18 am »

Quote from: steveball
I would like know if the Eizo Coloredge CG222w I set up yesterday is defective. The problem is text clarity, it looks pixellated and at smaller sizes virtually illegible. Is this the way it is with LCD monitors? (this is my first, Radius CRT for 10 years). I'm at native resolution - 1680 x 1050.
Is there anything I can do to improve the clarity?

I bought this in preference to cheaper LCDs because I thought Eizos were high quality but I'm thinking of returning it and buying Lacie/Dell instead.

I'm a graphic designer using Quark / photoshop / Illustrator. Dual 1.8 G5 Apple Mac desktop.

Thanks for any info.

Are the images pixellated as well? I am not a tech guru at all, but if it only text and nothing else that is the issue would that not suggest it is the document?

I have a different model, and have never had any issues. I would call eizo tech support, they are fantastic 1-888-900-8383.

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 08:19:14 am »

I have two Eizo CG222W. They are a superb monitor. The text should be very crisp. I never use mine other than in CAL mode. I can't even imagine how you would get the text to be wrong.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:16 pm »

If this is your first LCD, it may be a matter of getting used to how things look on an LCD, especially since the pixel-pitch on that display is not quite as good as some of their other models. (.282 vs .270).

Make sure you have font anti-aliasing turned on, as this makes a big difference in the readability of text. In Windows it's called Clear Type, and the settings can be accessed from Control Panel. Exact location depends on the version of Windows you're running; newer versions even have a Clear Type tuner wizard you can run through to optimize the Clear Type settings for your display characteristics and personal preferences. If you were previously running with a CRT Clear Type may be turned off since it's not really needed for CRT's. MacOS probably has something similar, but I don't know the details.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

steveball

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:08 am »

Thanks for the replies.
Anti aliasing is on and everything I can think of to improve text readability. Decided to call Eizo support, seems like it's the mac not the monitor!
Will post reply when I have the answer.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:10:28 am »

Quote from: steveball
Thanks for the replies.
Anti aliasing is on and everything I can think of to improve text readability. Decided to call Eizo support, seems like it's the mac not the monitor!
Will post reply when I have the answer.

It's far more likely to be a video driver problem than the monitor. If the monitor was defective, EVERYTHING would look wrong, not just text.
Pages: [1]   Go Up