Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life View  (Read 6020 times)

Ray

Life View
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 11:15:28 am »

Quote from: BJL
That might be the best solution available so far.

What I hope for though is an accessory EVF that can be mounted on the hot shoe or elsewhere. It could work with the video out socket that many SLRs already have, or have a dedicated socket as on some Micro Four Thirds cameras. Such an EVF with a suitably long connecting cable could also be mounted away from the camera body when convenient, like when the camera is on a tripod in a position that makes it hard to put your eye behind it.

That would be an even more expensive solution, BJL. The Zacuto that Jeff referred to is much more expensve than the Hoodman Hoodloupes. Some of these devices have a magnifying capability which is really not necessary for the latest Canon cameras which have a 920,000 pixel LiveView screen and their own 10x magnification.

I get the impression that the 1D-Hoodman 3.0 Cinema Kit version is currently in the process of being upgraded. This is the version that most appeals to me. I've read reports of customer dissatisfaction with the method of attaching the Houdloupes to the camera body. I hope this is what is being upgraded.

BJL

Life View
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 12:20:58 pm »

Quote from: Ray
That would be an even more expensive solution.
About US$250 or less: that is the price of the Olympus VF-2 accessory EVF, which offers 800x600 resolution ("1.44MP" with that dodgy triple counting of pixels) vs the current maximum of 640x480 ("920,000") for rear screens. AFAIK, Epson makes the panel and it is available to other camera makers.

Given your camera gear buying habits, such as option does not seem horribly expensive, if it were available and useful to you!

Peter_DL

Life View
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 12:31:53 pm »

Quote from: JeffKohn
I don't understand how that will help with glare on the LCD...
I'm sorry if my post(s) was/were not clear enough !
I've always been talking about Autofocus-performace in Life-view mode.

Peter

--
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up