Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 isis  (Read 10923 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
i1 isis
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 09:15:25 pm »

Quote from: MarkPaulson
Andy,
I'm not telling anyone not to buy and iSis.

I must have misunderstood what you wrote above (For all of you contemplating the purchase of an i1 iSis, WAIT!).

It is solely a hardware issue!

No, its a combo of software and hardware. Software that could work and will work with your hardware is forthcoming.

Why it works with Measure Tool, I don't know. I doubt seriously that X-Rite has shipped me three units and a loaner because of a "software issue". In case you still think is hardware, let me reiterate, I have a loaner unit form X-Rite that functions PERFECTLY.

I do know why it works with MT and why it doesn’t work with the product you have (the version of hardware you have). It IS a software and hardware issue. ColorPort on the rev I have (I have two iSis) and for many other users works. Yes, X-Rite should have been understanding in what rev they sent you (but getting the latest greatest is both nice and problematic in this case). In the meantime, use MeasureTool, the hardware will work perfectly. The idea is to get spectra data from a chart. That ColorPort currently doesn’t work with your hardware is not ideal but not a deal breaker. Print your target. Measure it in MeasureTool and hold on a bit. The bottom line is getting the data to build a profile. There’s nothing ColorPort provides at this point that MT doesn’t that stops you from the ultimate goal of building a profile.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Mark Paulson

i1 isis
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:11 am »

Quote from: digitaldog
I must have misunderstood what you wrote above (For all of you contemplating the purchase of an i1 iSis, WAIT!).

No, its a combo of software and hardware. Software that could work and will work with your hardware is forthcoming.

I do know why it works with MT and why it doesn’t work with the product you have (the version of hardware you have). It IS a software and hardware issue. ColorPort on the rev I have (I have two iSis) and for many other users works. Yes, X-Rite should have been understanding in what rev they sent you (but getting the latest greatest is both nice and problematic in this case). In the meantime, use MeasureTool, the hardware will work perfectly. The idea is to get spectra data from a chart. That ColorPort currently doesn’t work with your hardware is not ideal but not a deal breaker. Print your target. Measure it in MeasureTool and hold on a bit. The bottom line is getting the data to build a profile. There’s nothing ColorPort provides at this point that MT doesn’t that stops you from the ultimate goal of building a profile.

Time to eat some crow.       I received the following from X-rite:

Please delete all versions of i1Diagnostics and i1Match from the Mac, then download and reinstall i1Diagnostics. Once it is installed, please control click on the i1Diagnostics program icon and “Show Package Contents”. Now browse to Contents/Frameworks/EyeOne_iSis.frameworks/Versions/A, and do a Get Info on the EyeOne_iSis file. Please confirm that it has the date of Nov 17th, 2008.

I have done this, but I am out of town and will not be able to test until tonight. Also the following should work with ColorPort:

The same framework file will need to be copied into the appropriate directory of any third party program that you wish to use the iSis with, such as a RIP. It is likely that the original installed framework file will be older than the one that comes with the new i1Diagnostics.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
i1 isis
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:08 am »

Quote from: MarkPaulson
Time to eat some crow.       I received the following from X-rite:

Nope, not crow time yet. I too have received email from X-Rite, I know exactly what your issue is and I know it is a combo of hardware AND software to the point that, in the foreseeable future, Mac ColorPort will run fine and dandy on your Rev of iSis (as it does today on my two older Revs and those of hundreds of other iSis users). YOUR product works in MeasureTool. It doesn’t work in ColorPort yet you are so sure its solely a hardware issue. You can’t imagine that your problem is partially ColorPort. And you could move on and build some stinkin profiles if you would just use MT to do this. My god, all the software and hardware do is read in the stikin spectral data. There is zero advantage to ColorPort in the meantime that stops you from using that expensive piece of hardware to complete the job of building a profile. Let it go, you’ll get a version of CP that will work, use the hardware and get something accomplished.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BobBinder

i1 isis
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 10:27:52 am »

Hi Mark,

Thank you for working with us to solve this for you. This is indeed a software issue, not a hardware problem. We have posted instructions at the following link: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx...;SupportID=5271

Bob Binder
Customer Success Manager
X-Rite, Incorporated

Mark Paulson

i1 isis
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 12:33:19 pm »

Quote from: BobBinder
Hi Mark,

Thank you for working with us to solve this for you. This is indeed a software issue, not a hardware problem. We have posted instructions at the following link: http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx...;SupportID=5271

Bob Binder
Customer Success Manager
X-Rite, Incorporated

Thanks for all the help! I was a little frustrated and had lost trust in the machine. I tested the machine Monday night and it worked beautifully. I also tested it with the originally Atkinson targets and it now will read those without any problem. I also compared readings from ColoPort with Measure Tool and the Delta E was minuscule. My faith is restored and the loaner will be shipped back today.

Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up