Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corfield Digi back compatabilty  (Read 6381 times)

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
Corfield Digi back compatabilty
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:39 am »

I have a Corfield WA67, it is a quality camera with 10 mm rise or fall the lens is a Schneider 47mm Super Angulon in helical mount, the film back fitted is a Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD, would a P25+ or any other back be usable with this camera, if so would the lens deliver on digital.
I have heard that the lens can be replaced with a wider Schneider digital with the same nodal point.
If a back can be used without a lot of modification I'm thinking it would be a nice cheapish system to have, any thoughts please.
If you are wondering what exactly this camera is here is a link to a review http://ruimoraisdesousa.blogspot.com/2009/...ield-wa-67.html

Kevin.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:39:05 am by KevinA »
Kevin.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:13:09 am »

Quote from: KevinA
I have a Corfield WA67, ...
If a back can be used without a lot of modification I'm thinking it would be a nice cheapish system to have, any thoughts please.
Kevin.
If you can get the adapters to make it work, it might be a very cost-effective alternative to the Hartblei!
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:49:14 am »

If you take a pancake and douse it liberally with a cocktail of liquors you have a rustic crêpe Suzette. I don't know if Mr Corfield would approve, though.

Rob C

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:17:45 am »

Quote from: Rob C
If you take a pancake and douse it liberally with a cocktail of liquors you have a rustic crêpe Suzette. I don't know if Mr Corfield would approve, though.

Rob C

I was not thinking of eating it! The engineering on this is rock solid and hefty, more than my stomach could cope with, as a film camera it is first class. Do adapters exist for this 67 back, I've never used a Mamiya 67, I believe there were a couple of fittings.

Kevin.
Kevin.

ced

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:22 pm »

Please get in touch with a very nice gentleman in your part of the world
Mr. Manuel Simoes of:
Profilaser
Comércio De Foto-Equipamentos, Lda.
Seller
Rua Cristóvão de Figueiredo, 12-A
1600-050 Lisboa
Phone: + 351-21-797-17-12
Fax: + 351-21-797-17-23
Email: profilaser@profilaser.pt

I am sure he will be able to get the bits and let you try a back of your liking on your system.  Good Luck in your search for a solution.

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:30:14 pm »

Quote from: ced
Please get in touch with a very nice gentleman in your part of the world
Mr. Manuel Simoes of:
Profilaser
Comércio De Foto-Equipamentos, Lda.
Seller
Rua Cristóvão de Figueiredo, 12-A
1600-050 Lisboa
Phone: + 351-21-797-17-12
Fax: + 351-21-797-17-23
Email: profilaser@profilaser.pt

I am sure he will be able to get the bits and let you try a back of your liking on your system.  Good Luck in your search for a solution.

Thanks I will drop him a line. Does he speak English do you know?
Anyone have experience with the Schneider 47 mm and a digital back when it's shifted?

Kevin.
Kevin.

schaubild

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 12:22:14 am »

This is a camera that digital-wise better belongs into a museum. Tolerances will never be good enough to get perfect results. A one-off diy adapter will cost a lot and not help much. The same goes for a individual mounted digital optimized lens, the calibration instruments required for these are only affordable for the original manufacturers.

Cheapish system, cheapish results.

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 02:34:03 am »

I have a Corfield WA67, it is a quality camera with 10 mm rise or fall the lens is a Schneider 47mm Super Angulon in helical mount, the film back fitted is a Mamiya RB 67 Pro SD, would a P25+ or any other back be usable with this camera, if so would the lens deliver on digital.
I have heard that the lens can be replaced with a wider Schneider digital with the same nodal point.
If you are wondering what exactly this camera is here is a link to a review http://ruimoraisdesousa.blogspot.com/2009/...ield-wa-67.html

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Digital, also a P25, require stricter tolerances than film. Specifically the distance between sensor and lens need to be focused to a tolerance of about 0.02mm, which is about ten times more accurate than film. That said, if the lens is mounted perfect parallel to the sensor, using a helical focus mount should work. The camera you ask of seem to have fall and rise. It can doubtful if this camera will have the tolerances required in its sliding mechanism, it may or may not work. I assume you would focus using the helical focus. A new Schneider or Rodenstock should work as far as focus. As far as lens, a replacement with a newer model Schneider 47mm XL may or may not be acceptably sharp for a P25. I tried on 4x5 using Schneider 58 and 72mm XLs using my 28MP Leaf Aptus 65. The 72 was very sharp, while the 58 was not same sharp. This however may related to difficulty in focusing on a viewcamera so wide on  small sensor sized area, because.. frank... details are small on groundglass. With helical focus should work better. This said, obvious a digital lens would be sharper.

The camera you mention truly looks very very lovely. One consideration, perhaps it would be sad to make modifications to such truly lovely camera? It is made for film, and 6x7 still offers a very good quality option. If it has an older Schneider 47mm perhaps upgrade to newer, or even for film to the very sharp 47mm Digitar XL. That is simply just change of lens which will yield much sharper images, and enjoy.  

I hope above helps.

Regards
Anders
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:51:55 am by Anders_HK »

ced

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:55 am »

Thanks I will drop him a line. Does he speak English do you know?
Anyone have experience with the Schneider 47 mm and a digital back when it's shifted?

Kevin.

Yes he does and Portuguese like a professor of his mother tongue.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 07:39:42 am »

A little off topic, but I would love to buy a Corfield to use with film...

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 07:11:13 am »

Quote from: heinrichvoelkel
A little off topic, but I would love to buy a Corfield to use with film...

How much would you love to buy a Corfield then? The locking mechanism on this one needs adjustment, it locks OK but you have to hold the lens panel in position when you tighten to stop it moving when turning the locking wheel. It has a 120 back and GG screen.

Kevin.
Kevin.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:40:22 pm »

How much would you love to buy a Corfield then? The locking mechanism on this one needs adjustment, it locks OK but you have to hold the lens panel in position when you tighten to stop it moving when turning the locking wheel. It has a 120 back and GG screen.

Kevin.

Hah, Kevin, good question...PM me..

heinrichvoelkel

Re: Corfield Digi back compatabilty
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 04:31:48 am »

Kevin, check your PM
Pages: [1]   Go Up