Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: flagrant copyright invasion!!  (Read 5638 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
flagrant copyright invasion!!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 05:37:55 am »

Quote from:  Abdulrahman Aljabri
I know that China, relative to other parts of the world, doesn't have a very violent past with it's neighbors, but blind pride can sure change that.

While this is not the place for any of this discussion, you really need to brush up on your history.

ChrisJR

• http://
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 07:47:55 am »

Quote from:  Abdulrahman Aljabri
I know that China, relative to other parts of the world, doesn't have a very violent past with it's neighbors, but blind pride can sure change that.
This is complete rubbish. China have a long history of threatening it's neighbours. As Marc will all too well know China has been threatening to attack Taiwan for a number of years and they regularly enjoy killing it's neighbours (ie Tibet).

Xin reacting as he did is very typical of Chinese. If anyone says anything bad about China then the Chinese always react extremely defensively, typical Communism! This is of course very typical of any person from any country that is verbally attacked but when I travelled around China I was shocked by the number of knock-off copied goods. Copying is to an extent ok, depending on what's being copied, but what shocked me was how rude the sellers were if we didn't buy anything.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:49:36 am by ChrisJR »

dustblue

• http://www.moko.cc/dustblue
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:05 am »

Hey man,this is really not cool.

Please change your title, "china" didn't do anything to your book, it's your publisher or someone else did it, but not china as a country.

If a pregnant Arabian woman was shot by a villain in the U.S.A, would you say that the U.S.A KILLED an ARABIAN PREGNANT WOMAN?

I am not sensitive, the chinese people are not sensitive neither. But the west always have many misunderstandings with China, this is really not good, and hopefully it would change in the near future, by us.

If you are a photographer who wants to share a spoon of soup in China, be prepared, this is not heaven, especially when it comes to copyright stuff.

And please change your title, thanks.

Dustblue

Quote from: marc gerritsen
My publisher just told me that my 650 page book "Taiwan Mod" that came out about 6 month ago
is now being copied and sold on the streets of Shanghai in two pirated volumes and of course for a lot less then a legal copy.
My first reaction was dismay, immediately followed by a strange sense of pride that my book was good enough to be copied!
Isn't copying or imitation the highest form of flattery?
It is so hard in this part of the world to find a lot of respect for copyright and i have send out many messages to
newspapers, magazines, clients to make them aware of all the issues, can't even begin to think about sueing
it's more like i am trying to educate one person at a time, well 1 billion chinese is a lot of people!!
cheers
Marc

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 09:41:19 am »

Time to move political argument elsewhere. Topic closed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up