Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pocket wizard for triggering H3d?  (Read 4989 times)

Jimbob2

Pocket wizard for triggering H3d?
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

Wondering if anyone can tell me what Pocket Wizard camera trigger cable is needed to trigger the H3D 39 hasselblad?

I checked the pocket wizard website and it lists twocables for use with hasselblad H cameras: the regular trigger cable (CM-E3-ACC) and a pre-trigger cable (CM-E3-P).

The local camera store only has the regular trigger cable. It is the correct number (as listed on the Pocket Wizard website), but
on the back of the package it lists all of the cameras it is compatible with, but states:
"CM-E3 not for use with the following cameras: Hasselblad H, and Contax 645 and N series"

I don't really want or need a pre-trigger cable, and regular trigger cable will be fine.
Has anyone used the regular cable (CM-E3-ACC) with their H3D or other hasselblad?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:12:52 am »

Quote from: Jimbob2
Wondering if anyone can tell me what Pocket Wizard camera trigger cable is needed to trigger the H3D 39 hasselblad?

I checked the pocket wizard website and it lists twocables for use with hasselblad H cameras: the regular trigger cable (CM-E3-ACC) and a pre-trigger cable (CM-E3-P).

The local camera store only has the regular trigger cable. It is the correct number (as listed on the Pocket Wizard website), but
on the back of the package it lists all of the cameras it is compatible with, but states:
"CM-E3 not for use with the following cameras: Hasselblad H, and Contax 645 and N series"

I don't really want or need a pre-trigger cable, and regular trigger cable will be fine.
Has anyone used the regular cable (CM-E3-ACC) with their H3D or other hasselblad?

Thanks for the assistance.
I have a pock wizard... but I have not used it on my H3D...

I do not want to spend time and money buying stuff to go with the H3D unless it will also work with the H4D... will the H4 be compatible with which or most H3 accessories?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Nick-T

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:43:10 pm »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
I have a pock wizard... but I have not used it on my H3D...

I do not want to spend time and money buying stuff to go with the H3D unless it will also work with the H4D... will the H4 be compatible with which or most H3 accessories?

If you just want to remote fire the blad you can buy one of these of ebay for 18 bucks:

http://tinyurl.com/ybhynzx

If you want to use your wizard you can see the jack that you'll need at the Hasselblad end in that pic. It's smaller again than the PW jack which is "Mini stereo" not sure what it's called. I wired up one of those mini-mini jacks to a long piece of speaker cable and just by shorting it was able to remote fire the camera.
HTH
Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:27:27 am »

Quote from: Nick-T
If you just want to remote fire the blad you can buy one of these of ebay for 18 bucks:

http://tinyurl.com/ybhynzx

If you want to use your wizard you can see the jack that you'll need at the Hasselblad end in that pic. It's smaller again than the PW jack which is "Mini stereo" not sure what it's called. I wired up one of those mini-mini jacks to a long piece of speaker cable and just by shorting it was able to remote fire the camera.
HTH
Nick-T
Thanks, Nick, I have something similar for my ELD.

I want a system that I can use to fire my H3/H4 or Schneider Electronic Shutters, and also fire flashes from these systems, hundreds of meters away.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Pages: [1]   Go Up