Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come Photograph the erupting Volcano with Seth Resnick in Iceland  (Read 6249 times)

sethresnick

April 27 to May 6th FIRE AND ICE CREATIVE WORKSHOP IN ICELAND

Come with Seth to Iceland from April 27th - May 6th to photograph the dramatic, volcano that is currently erupting for a once in a lifetime experience. Not only do we have the best guides in Iceland, but we also have helicopters and special glacier vehicles to capture the best possible images. The majority of the workshop will be spent shooting the dramatic volcano eruption in the south of Iceland and the neighboring area. Also the icebergs on the glacier lagoon on the south-east coast.  Finally ice caves if approachable. Limited to 12 participants this will be one fantastic trip. The cost for this workshop is $6450 including all access to the volcano.

For additional information please go to http://www.focusonnature.is/id/1000313

For signup please go to http://www.focusonnature.is/id/1000039

All the best,

Seth Resnick

sethresnick

Come Photograph the erupting Volcano with Seth Resnick in Iceland
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:56:26 pm »

The dates in Iceland will be April 28th to May 4th.
New  pics posted from today

http://chris.is/

Best,

seth

Quote from: sethresnick
April 27 to May 6th FIRE AND ICE CREATIVE WORKSHOP IN ICELAND

Come with Seth to Iceland from April 27th - May 6th to photograph the dramatic, volcano that is currently erupting for a once in a lifetime experience. Not only do we have the best guides in Iceland, but we also have helicopters and special glacier vehicles to capture the best possible images. The majority of the workshop will be spent shooting the dramatic volcano eruption in the south of Iceland and the neighboring area. Also the icebergs on the glacier lagoon on the south-east coast.  Finally ice caves if approachable. Limited to 12 participants this will be one fantastic trip. The cost for this workshop is $6450 including all access to the volcano.

For additional information please go to http://www.focusonnature.is/id/1000313

For signup please go to http://www.focusonnature.is/id/1000039

All the best,

Seth Resnick

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:13:00 pm »

The dates in Iceland will be April 28th to May 4th.
New  pics posted from today

http://chris.is/

Best,

seth

Some amazing shots there - looks like a great trip.

I am heading to Iceland in July for three weeks; wish I had the time to get there for this trip as well!
Wild Nature Photo Travel

sethresnick

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:00:47 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
Some amazing shots there - looks like a great trip.

I am heading to Iceland in July for three weeks; wish I had the time to get there for this trip as well!

Each day keeps getting better and better. Today a new rift formed and new new vents. Antarctica three times was a dream of a lifetime and this trip is looking like it could equal or even top Antarctica. I am totally psyched...

seth

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:06:59 pm »

Each day keeps getting better and better. Today a new rift formed and new new vents. Antarctica three times was a dream of a lifetime and this trip is looking like it could equal or even top Antarctica. I am totally psyched...

seth

Agreed - I am getting Psyched just following it on the web and seeing new shots being posted each day. Would be awesome if you get time when you are there if you can put up a daily blog about it - where you think the best shooting spots are and how you find the whole experience etc. Since shooting an erupting volcano is definitely not the daily bread!

I am of course secretly hoping that it is still spilling lava in July when I arrive!
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Daniel Bergmann

• http://www.danielbergmann.com
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 03:44:15 pm »

seth

I was about 100 m away from the new fissure when it opened up last night. Exciting for sure but I and most of the 60 people who were up there at that side of the main fissure hurried down to safety when we realized that we were in a life threatening situation. The slowest of the group got evacuated down by helicopters. Because of that latest developement there is now a 1 km safety zone around the eruption that viewers cannot enter.

I've been up there three times already, each different and all as exciting. I hope for your sake that this will last for a while, it's an incredible experience and I'd recommend to any photographer interested in photographing this eruption - drop what ever you're doing right now and get over here.

sethresnick

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:48 am »

Quote from: Daniel Bergmann
I was about 100 m away from the new fissure when it opened up last night. Exciting for sure but I and most of the 60 people who were up there at that side of the main fissure hurried down to safety when we realized that we were in a life threatening situation. The slowest of the group got evacuated down by helicopters. Because of that latest developement there is now a 1 km safety zone around the eruption that viewers cannot enter.

I've been up there three times already, each different and all as exciting. I hope for your sake that this will last for a while, it's an incredible experience and I'd recommend to any photographer interested in photographing this eruption - drop what ever you're doing right now and get over here.

We are getting daily updates and have access via helicopter and special snow vehicles and I can't wait. There are two spots left for the trip.

Best,

seth

gdwhalen

• http://www.gdwhalen.com
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 07:35:20 pm »

We are getting daily updates and have access via helicopter and special snow vehicles and I can't wait. There are two spots left for the trip.

Best,

seth

I can fly their by myself for $1,300.00.   What does the trip include?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:00:44 pm by gdwhalen »

sethresnick

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 04:19:09 pm »

Quote from: gdwhalen
I can fly their by myself for $1,300.00.   What does the trip include?

This is a workshop with hands on teaching.  Besides lectures and instruction the workshop also includes all workshop cost, traveling and food during 7 days and one night extra accommodation with breakfast in Reykjavik, either before or after the workshop. Dinners will be at the hotels where the group accommodates or at good restaurants in the neighborhood depending on situation each time. FocusOnNature will supply all provisions during field trips.Traveling will be in a MAN truck and extra vehicles such a specially equipped jeeps will be supplied when needed, for example if travelled up on a glacier to get near a volcano eruption. Also snow scooters when needed and helicopters.

http://www.focusonnature.is/id/1000348  Link to special vehicles

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:54:17 pm »

My best wishes that things settle down in time for your visit. Here in Shetland today a fine grey ash has reduced visibility significantly, and there is a strong smell in the air similar to the ash from a coal range. I can't see there being any flights out of here until there is healthy wind change. Fortunately there is a good shipping service to the rescue, but I feel sorry for those stuck in airports.
David

Marlyn

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 05:19:20 am »

Quote from: David Sutton
My best wishes that things settle down in time for your visit. Here in Shetland today a fine grey ash has reduced visibility significantly, and there is a strong smell in the air similar to the ash from a coal range. I can't see there being any flights out of here until there is healthy wind change. Fortunately there is a good shipping service to the rescue, but I feel sorry for those stuck in airports.
David

As long as Reykjavik airport stays open, i'm happy     I'm flying out in 3 days for this workshop with Seth and definatly looking forward to it.
It is just a long bloody way from Sydney to Iceland via the USA !

I've never 'blogged' in my life, but if folks here are interested, I'd be happy to post up notes from the trip,  even gear i'm taking, why and what works/dosn't etc.

Regards

Mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up