Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H3D viewfinder misalignment  (Read 1083 times)

plusminusgurkan

H3D viewfinder misalignment
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:16:08 am »

I discovered a strange thing the other day. I have an h3d-31, and in the viewfinder there is i thin black frame, that I thought was supposed to show how the image will be cropped, because of the size of the sensor. I found out, however, that this is only true on the right hand side of the viewfinder. On the left hand side the image is cropped at the actual edge of the viewfinder. It is a minor problem, but quite annoying.
I suspect that the viewfinder or focusing screen has somehow become misaligned. Has anyone else encountered this, and what can I do to fix it?

ced

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:36 am »

I guess you can remove the prism view finder and check the positioning of the mask and move it into place...

AlexM

• Alex Maxim fashion and glamour photographer in Toronto
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:57:35 pm »

Quote from: plusminusgurkan
I discovered a strange thing the other day. I have an h3d-31, and in the viewfinder there is i thin black frame, that I thought was supposed to show how the image will be cropped, because of the size of the sensor. I found out, however, that this is only true on the right hand side of the viewfinder. On the left hand side the image is cropped at the actual edge of the viewfinder. It is a minor problem, but quite annoying.
I suspect that the viewfinder or focusing screen has somehow become misaligned. Has anyone else encountered this, and what can I do to fix it?

That's true. I had to make a custom mask myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up