Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Supplies Currys?  (Read 1356 times)

PeterJacuk

• Prints on Canvas
Who Supplies Currys?
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:06:38 pm »

Hi,

Does anybody know who supplies Currys Art Store (in GTA) with gallery stretcher bars? They are suppose to be local or at least from Ontario. I'm asking, because these bars are decent quality and at a good price. The problem is that any time I want to get a set I have to go to 2 or 3 locations because each one has low stock (I don't get it - if product sells, you stock lots of it - right?). I figure if I can find a supplier than I can order directly without the hassle.

Thank you

k_p98

Who Supplies Currys?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:44:26 am »

Sorry I can't help, but I certainly agree with you 100%.  The 1.5" gallery stretcher bars are the steal of the decade.  I researched quite a bit and nobody comes close.  For a 20x30, it comes to $15 with taxes.  Most places would charge almost $15 for just one 30" bar and then you need to buy 3 more pieces!  But I'm also with you in terms of low stock.  With having so many different sizes, it ain't easy.  Plus I imagine that most people who need stretcher bars are painters, and they are picking from the canvases that are already stretched.  But with more and more people doing gallery wraps from canvases that are made with an inkjet printer, I can certainly see sales going up.  I would talk to someone at the store personally and tell them what sizes you are in need of and how long it takes to get them in, or just put in a special order for you perhaps?  For the record I am mostly buying 20 and 30 inch gallery bars.... so leave those alone!!! hahaha

Kiran

ps.  I did just go to Desseres (or something like this) the other day, and their 7/8 inch stretcher bars were identical to the one's from Curry's, but their gallery wrap ones were I'd say a good 2 inchs thick.  They were almost too solid in that I could fit them together.  There were two slots that needed to fit and the friction was just too much.  Yes they were more money, if you wanted to upgrade, I would look into this.

PeterJacuk

• Prints on Canvas
Who Supplies Currys?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 03:28:10 pm »

Quote from: k_p98
Sorry I can't help, but I certainly agree with you 100%.  The 1.5" gallery stretcher bars are the steal of the decade.  I researched quite a bit and nobody comes close.  For a 20x30, it comes to $15 with taxes.  Most places would charge almost $15 for just one 30" bar and then you need to buy 3 more pieces!  But I'm also with you in terms of low stock.  With having so many different sizes, it ain't easy.  Plus I imagine that most people who need stretcher bars are painters, and they are picking from the canvases that are already stretched.  But with more and more people doing gallery wraps from canvases that are made with an inkjet printer, I can certainly see sales going up.  I would talk to someone at the store personally and tell them what sizes you are in need of and how long it takes to get them in, or just put in a special order for you perhaps?  For the record I am mostly buying 20 and 30 inch gallery bars.... so leave those alone!!! hahaha

Kiran

ps.  I did just go to Desseres (or something like this) the other day, and their 7/8 inch stretcher bars were identical to the one's from Curry's, but their gallery wrap ones were I'd say a good 2 inchs thick.  They were almost too solid in that I could fit them together.  There were two slots that needed to fit and the friction was just too much.  Yes they were more money, if you wanted to upgrade, I would look into this.
Thank you for the reply Kiran. My problem is that almost most of my clients want the prints done for "yesterday", so special orders are out of the question. Besides, I already tried that and if you order from Currys online store it takes about a week to get it.
FYI - the gallery stretchers are 25% off till the end of the month - talk about the bargain!

PeterJ

k_p98

Who Supplies Currys?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:55:26 pm »

Quote from: PeterJacuk
FYI - the gallery stretchers are 25% off till the end of the month - talk about the bargain!

Wow.. that is an excellent little tip.  Looks like its actually May 7 according to the flyer on the website.  Lets hope you left some left for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up