Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting rules  (Read 2753 times)

melor

• http://www.melor.com
Posting rules
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:16:32 pm »

Before you tell me to look, I already did. Maybe I am looking the info right in it's face ( pixels? ) but I cannot seem to locate any information about posting rules, etc., for this forum. A link would be GREAT!

Paul

Paul D Jaruszewski
www.melor.com

DarkPenguin

Posting rules
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:44:35 pm »

Keep your hands above the equator and go to a neutral corner when the ref tells you to.  Other than that I think it is just don't piss off MR.

There may be rules but I don't know that I've ever seen them...

Rob C

Posting rules
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 04:02:35 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Keep your hands above the equator and go to a neutral corner when the ref tells you to.  Other than that I think it is just don't piss off MR.

There may be rules but I don't know that I've ever seen them...

Those seem more than adequate rules - I'd go with that.

Rob C

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Posting rules
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15:01 am »

I think that indeed those rules are sufficient.

You may also recall the Board Guidelines that you acknowledged having read when you registered.  

Should you need a refresher, just log out and then hit the 'Register' link at the top of the main page.

DarkPenguin

Posting rules
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:51:49 am »

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
I think that indeed those rules are sufficient.

You may also recall the Board Guidelines that you acknowledged having read when you registered.  

Should you need a refresher, just log out and then hit the 'Register' link at the top of the main page.

They should be available when you're posting.  That's when you're angry.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Posting rules
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 09:18:50 am »

It would probably be a nice idea to collect some stuff together for a sticky topic.  Generally speaking anything that reeks of shameless self promotion is frowned upon, and if you are not Michael or one of his approved gang, don't try to sell anything here.  A final unwritten rule would probably be, don't ask questions until you have made some substantive effort at research and understanding.  This really isn't a place that is highly welcoming for complete amateurs.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

DarkPenguin

Posting rules
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:36:32 am »

Quote from: fike
It would probably be a nice idea to collect some stuff together for a sticky topic.  Generally speaking anything that reeks of shameless self promotion is frowned upon, and if you are not Michael or one of his approved gang, don't try to sell anything here.  A final unwritten rule would probably be, don't ask questions until you have made some substantive effort at research and understanding.  This really isn't a place that is highly welcoming for complete amateurs.

There is the Beginner's Forum, tho.  So they can ask away in there.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Posting rules
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 11:07:03 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
There is the Beginner's Forum, tho.  So they can ask away in there.

True.  Though it isn't the most well-read forum.  As of today, there haven't been any posts for ten days.  That probably isn't by accident.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

Rocco Penny

Posting rules
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:25 am »

Quote from: fike
...  This really isn't a place that is highly welcoming for complete amateurs.

I'm not saying I know, and I'm probably breaking some rule 100% of the time.

My posts haven't all been good.

No one has ever been a jerk to me and I'm a beginner.

I've even had a few 1000 view posts, and have been given advice I couldn't buy.

I respectfully disagree that this board doesn't let an amateur be a jacka$$ at least on occasion, and think most if not all disrespectful or asinine commentary seems directed toward those that deserve it
but for sure you artist types are quirky

melor

• http://www.melor.com