Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P65+ Battery Life?  (Read 2446 times)

CBarrett

P65+ Battery Life?
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:25 pm »

Ok.... using Zero Latency to avoid wakeup cables, I'm getting about two hours to a battery.  I just replaced my batteries, thinking they had seen too many cycles but the new ones are pretty comparable.  Others using Zero Lat on a Tech/View camera seeing similar results?

I've got the screen auto shutting down pretty quick and the back auto shutdown at five minutes.  I tried one minute, but that annoyed the hell out of me.  There's one thing I envy the dslr shooters on... my D3 goes forever without a recharge!

On the bright I now have six batteries.

-CB

rhsu

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »

Quote from: CBarrett
Ok.... using Zero Latency to avoid wakeup cables, I'm getting about two hours to a battery.  I just replaced my batteries, thinking they had seen too many cycles but the new ones are pretty comparable.  Others using Zero Lat on a Tech/View camera seeing similar results?

-CB

Not surprised at all and quite interesting to follow up on this to see what others are experiencing.  I am looking at upgrading to P65+

One cannot compare to 35mm DSLR.  They do seem to just keep going and going....

cyberean

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:58:04 pm »

hmm ... so, which part of that is the "bright"?    

CBarrett

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »

Quote from: cyberean
hmm ... so, which part of that is the "bright"?  

LoL.... just that I can get through a full day of shooting without having to plug in my charger if I had to.

gwhitf

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:13:12 pm »

LoL.... just that I can get through a full day of shooting without having to plug in my charger if I had to.

I never knew why exactly, but when I shot that P45+, the batteries would never hold a charge at all, if they were left in the back overnight, (with the back off). I had five batteries, and I always carried all five, completely paranoid, even when I was shooting something small. It was a constant fear that I'd press the button on the back, (with a new battery in it), and it would be dead. I never did figure out the reason. I just knew that that battery charger went everywhere I went. What's that old Phase saying? "You can never be too thin, or have too many batteries"?

JDG

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 10:40:16 pm »

Short battery life is to be expected with zero latency as the CCD is always "on" and ready to go.  Normal latency will give you much batter battery life since the CCD is only one during the capture... but then again you would need go the wake-up cable route and that is a bit annoying

narikin

P65+ Battery Life?
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:22 am »

I too find that my 'old' batteries (from a previous P45+) seem to run down more quickly than the new ones that came with last years P65+ upgrade.
have even marked them to tell the two apart.

you are lucky if you get 2hrs with zero latency. I doubt I get that. 5 batteries x2 hrs is a 10 hour working day which sounds great to me.

however shooting on the DF camera, with normal latency, I get 400+ shots on a single battery, shot over 2-4 hours, which is good enough for me.
although... having a camera with one power source/battery, not two, would be better still. and lighter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up