Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: and ... to get back to photography ...  (Read 3424 times)

Jeremy Payne

and ... to get back to photography ...
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »

I recently completed a large scale project of reviewing all of my work since entering the digital age ... which for me began in 2006/7 ....

I organized, culled, processed, agonized ... and finally put it all together in a website many of you have been kind enough to visit.  In an effort to share the work and take the emphasis off the site design, etc, I've put together flickr galleries that mirror the folios on my site.

The site has been a big success so far ... I've already managed to sell 5 prints since the beginning of March.  While none were "sold" directly from the website, it was an effective way to show the work once I had gotten the buyers' interest off-line.  I expect that will be how it goes most typically ...

So ... for Russ, and Dark and others who never made it to the site ... here's the work:

Campbell Falls
Season of Norfolk
NYC Tilted
My City
Cityscapes
Mishawaka
Here Comes The Sun
Flora
Reflected
Sports
Faces
Underwater
Dreams

Next up ... the slides, negatives and old prints ... I've borrowed a lightbox and have selected the negatives and slides I want to send out for scanning ... and I'm doing the prints myself ... should be fun - it was a trip going through all the old stuff ... I have lost about 3/4 the originals, but there is lots of good stuff in what's left ...

Hopefully, I'll have time ... after almost a year off from full-time work, I'm going back to help found a new software firm ... I start this week.

Thanks for looking ... I know there's a lot of images, but I'm open to any and all comments and criticism ...

http://photography.jeremypayne.net

seamus finn

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:59:16 am »

Lovely work, Jeremy - and a labour of love. Very best of luck.

Cheers,

Seamus

fredjeang

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:21:12 am »

I wish you the best Jeremy.
Thanks for sharing.

Watching the underwater serie, I realise that there is very little in Lu-La about underwater.
A dedicated topic discution would be nice IMO.

Cheers,

Fred.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:11 pm »

Quote from: fredjeang
I wish you the best Jeremy.
Thanks for sharing.

Watching the underwater serie, I realise that there is very little in Lu-La about underwater.
A dedicated topic discution would be nice IMO.

Cheers,

Fred.
There don't seem to be that many underwater guys around here ... although there are definitely some, and I suspect many lurkers ...

The place to hang with those guys on the 'net is definitely here: http://www.wetpixel.com/forums/

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 02:22:09 pm »

Jeremy, I said my piece privately, but I want to add that "Cityscapes" is a fabulous collection. Almost (but not quite) makes me want to move back east where there's stuff like that. I suppose I could spend more time in Denver, but then, I'm not really a city boy any more. I wonder how long that biplane's been sitting on that roof in NYC Tilted. Looks like an awfully short runway. Maybe that's why it's still sitting there.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 03:16:46 pm »

Quote from: RSL
Jeremy, I said my piece privately, but I want to add that "Cityscapes" is a fabulous collection. Almost (but not quite) makes me want to move back east where there's stuff like that. I suppose I could spend more time in Denver, but then, I'm not really a city boy any more. I wonder how long that biplane's been sitting on that roof in NYC Tilted. Looks like an awfully short runway. Maybe that's why it's still sitting there.

Thanks, Russ!

As I understand, it is a full-size, replica Sopwith Camel from WWI and has been there since the late 1960s - put there by the owner of the building to amuse the neighbors.  I worked next door at 55 Water street for a bunch of years and looked down on it every day.

fredjeang

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 03:19:45 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
There don't seem to be that many underwater guys around here ... although there are definitely some, and I suspect many lurkers ...

The place to hang with those guys on the 'net is definitely here: http://www.wetpixel.com/forums/
Great link. kept in favorite.
Thank you Jeremy.

Cheers.

Fred.

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40:45 am »

Awesome photographs, I just enjoyed some time browsing the galleries; thanks.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:14:39 am »

Here's another view of the biplane, giving a little more context ...

RSL

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 03:00:47 pm »

I guess what he'd have to do is build a ramp at the end of that runway so he could hope to build up enough airspeed in a dive to fly before he hits the street.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 04:09:59 pm »

I guess what he'd have to do is build a ramp at the end of that runway so he could hope to build up enough airspeed in a dive to fly before he hits the street.
I wasn't there on Sept 11 - I was in London - but I was there the day the unannounced fly-over with air force one took place ... that was terrifying.  I watched a 747 fly across the harbor, at my eye level, followed closely by two fighter jets.  It banked so close to my window that I ran out of the building like a crazy person and didn't stop until I got to the Brooklyn Bridge.

RSL

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:54 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
I wasn't there on Sept 11 - I was in London - but I was there the day the unannounced fly-over with air force one took place ... that was terrifying.  I watched a 747 fly across the harbor, at my eye level, followed closely by two fighter jets.  It banked so close to my window that I ran out of the building like a crazy person and didn't stop until I got to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Can't say I blame you. That flyover was a preview of coming attractions.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 04:36:37 pm »

Can't say I blame you. That flyover was a preview of coming attractions.
I'm gonna bring this back to baseball ... and photography ...

I am amazed at the quality of the stitched shots I can get from a little pocket camera and CS4's photomerge ... I do these handheld with a Powershot SD800 - and they come out GREAT.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 05:17:36 pm »

Thanks for sharing your work, Jeremy!  You're put quite a lot of effort into this... and reminded the rest of us what lies on our paths ahead!    

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

John R

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:05 pm »

Your work is very well presented. I didn't know Flicker offered hosting for photoworks beyond those small images I always see and can't stand. One of thes days I will do my slides also. The portfolio I like best is Seasons of Norfolk, I guess because I am partial to simple nature and country scenes. I wish you well in your photographic endeavours.

JMR
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:55:31 pm by John R »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 07:25:46 pm »

Still going through them.  What I've seen I like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up