Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Made with Adobe Photoshop CS5  (Read 11073 times)

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
Made with Adobe Photoshop CS5
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:42 am »

Personally, I'm already sick of all the over-blown hype about this content aware stuff. I guess it looks great in web-sized images or even smaller video clips, but that doesn't mean it will be truly seamless in real world, high-resolution photographs. I remember similar hype about the content-aware scaling before CS4 came out, but the reality was far less impressive IMHO. Besides, I just don't have much need/desire to do this kind of manipulation to my photographs, let alone removing roads as in the video clip everybody's going ga-ga over.

Oh and Jeremy - ROTLFMAO
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:15:07 am by JeffKohn »
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 01:28:57 am »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
I think you're definitely the public 'something' of the product ... but certainly not the face ...

If you think I represent Adobe in any way, you are deluded...I don't work for Adobe (although I occasionally work with Adobe).

So, if you think that my attitudes and behavior somehow reflect on Adobe, you need your perspective of the world changed...

If you want to see a representative "face of Adobe", look at MadManChan (Eric Chan)...he's a prime example of an Adobe employee that is both extremely knowledgeable as well as being a really nice guy.

I seriously don't give a shit about being a nice guy anymore...so, if you are implying that I'm an a$$hole, then you are right (but it would be useful if you had the balls to actually say so).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:34:55 am by Schewe »

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 02:11:21 am »

Quote from: Schewe
Hum, I guess the "newness" of being granted early access to software gets some people a bit over excited...

I suspect (but don't know for a fact) that you got added as a late beta tester via the NAPP call for beta testers? If so, you were chosen more for your test platform that your personal value as a tester...

Since Andrew and I are not part of any late beta program, I suspect that our reaction to somebody announcing that they are a beta tester and are being encouraged to state that they are a beta tester and then show images supposedly done in a beta Photoshop CS5 and then state they can't talk about how they did the images and what features they used is, well, silly.

The before/after could have been done with ANY version of Photoshop from the last decade...and the fact that you did it easier using Content Aware Fill (and maybe other techniques) is, well, I suppose YOU can't talk about it but John Nack has already posted a blog post about Content Aware Fill that well, means you CAN talk about it (if you understand your NDA).

Since you are "not authorized to discuss the features" of CS5, you might want to spend your time actually testing the beta and filing bug reports–which is the general role of a beta tester ya know?

I am getting tired of all the snide comments about my intent and purpose of posting images I created with Adobe Photoshop CS5. Speculate all you want, I am merely fulfilling my commitment with Adobe.

If you have any more questions about my CS5 postings, they can be directed to Pam Clark, Photoshop Group Product Manager. pamclark@adobe.com
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:23:17 am by jerryrock »
Gerald J Skrocki

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 03:01:32 am »

Quote from: jerryrock
I am getting tired of all the snide comments about my intent and purpose of posting images I created with Adobe Photoshop CS5. Speculate all you want, I am merely fulfilling my commitment with Adobe.

I'm sure Pam will be tickled to death you posted her email in a public forum...

Just understand you are not a normal "beta tester" but an NAPP beta tester that came up very, very late in the process. Since you edited your post to remove the NAPP specs of what you can and can't post publicly some people may be confused about your role in the beta testing process.

To be perfectly clear, Adobe asked NAPP to put out the call to get a very specific quantity of Mac based testers in a very short order. The role of this testing was platform based (which means anybody who met the platform requirements was added) so Adobe could A) see if the variety of Mac platforms was "working" and  that Adobe could get these "beta testers" to do a bit of grass-root marketing...

The fact that you are allowed to post images made with CS5 but can't talk about how you made the images is, simply speaking, conceptually silly. This is not the brightest idea Adobe has had...and sorry to say those people added via the NAPP "beta testing" process are, well, being pushed into a role I suspect they didn't sign up for (and really aren't prepared for)...

Also, to be PERFECTLY CLEAR–if you are reading this and you are a "regular participant" of the beta program and are under the regular NDA, no, you are NOT free to discuss the fact you are a beta tester, nor mention the beta program nor of course talk about ANYTHING not already publicly disclosed by Adobe regarding Photoshop CS5...the embargo for real beta testers is still April 12th...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:06:56 am by Schewe »

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:48 am »

Seems the poster missed the shadows of the bars left on the leaves though!

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 04:24:36 am »

Sounds like rather a lot of sour grapes on behalf of people who think that they should be the ones Adobe asked to show images. Rather pathetic but then aging bullies always are...

wthomphoto

• http://
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 08:40:29 am »

Quote from: JeffKohn
Personally, I'm already sick of all the over-blown hype about this content aware stuff. I guess it looks great in web-sized images or even smaller video clips, but that doesn't mean it will be truly seamless in real world, high-resolution photographs. I remember similar hype about the content-aware scaling before CS4 came out, but the reality was far less impressive IMHO. Besides, I just don't have much need/desire to do this kind of manipulation to my photographs, let alone removing roads as in the video clip everybody's going ga-ga over.

Oh and Jeremy - ROTLFMAO

What you said, Jeff!
Wendell T.

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 08:50:42 am »

Well, it's very clever - and I'm a pretty nifty retoucher myself - but if you knew the butterfly concerned, you would not be taken in for a moment.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 08:57:50 am »

I seriously don't give a shit about being a nice guy anymore...so, if you are implying that I'm an a$$hole, then you are right (but it would be useful if you had the balls to actually say so).

Anymore?  Dude, time for you to get over yourself ... the rest of us did a long time ago.**

I don't think you realize what a clown you've become.

** Ok ... I'll admit I used to think you were cool and funny and a real ass-kicking, no-nonsense guy.  But I've seen enough to realize you are just a windbag.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 09:45:52 am »

I'm sure Pam will be tickled to death you posted her email in a public forum...

Just understand you are not a normal "beta tester" but an NAPP beta tester that came up very, very late in the process. Since you edited your post to remove the NAPP specs of what you can and can't post publicly some people may be confused about your role in the beta testing process.

To be perfectly clear, Adobe asked NAPP to put out the call to get a very specific quantity of Mac based testers in a very short order. The role of this testing was platform based (which means anybody who met the platform requirements was added) so Adobe could A) see if the variety of Mac platforms was "working" and  that Adobe could get these "beta testers" to do a bit of grass-root marketing...

The fact that you are allowed to post images made with CS5 but can't talk about how you made the images is, simply speaking, conceptually silly. This is not the brightest idea Adobe has had...and sorry to say those people added via the NAPP "beta testing" process are, well, being pushed into a role I suspect they didn't sign up for (and really aren't prepared for)...

Also, to be PERFECTLY CLEAR–if you are reading this and you are a "regular participant" of the beta program and are under the regular NDA, no, you are NOT free to discuss the fact you are a beta tester, nor mention the beta program nor of course talk about ANYTHING not already publicly disclosed by Adobe regarding Photoshop CS5...the embargo for real beta testers is still April 12th...

Schewe,

I can only guess that you were not invited by Adobe to participate or chose not to. Your speculation and criticism expressed publicly about Adobe's current policy may be indicative of some type of falling out you had with the company.

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR, you do not work for Adobe and you are not a participant, rendering your opinion concerning the prerelease program meaningless. You have no knowledge of my role as a beta tester, or my agreement with Adobe. Yes, I understand you and Rodney were beta testers from way back. Times change and strategies change with the times.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Gerald J Skrocki

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 10:41:54 am »

Exactly my point too. Follow Jerry over the web where, is he being a good boy and doing what “Adobe wants” or, just super proud he got a late beta and wants everyone to know, and doesn’t get that posting two images without having the ability to say squat about how they were produced is a total waste of time for those viewing the images. So either he’s got to elevate himself by letting people know he got a late beta (BFD) or he thinks that by following Adobe’s silly advice, he’s adding anything useful to the conversation about CS5. Because there is no conversation. And while there are others in the NAPP forum doing this (and many that agree with my points), I’ve yet to see anyone else besides Jerry going hog wild on numerous sites showing off images he can’t say anything about.

I don’t know who I feel sorry for more, Jerry or Adobe. In either case, what has been posted about CS5 is worthless.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:45:31 am by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 10:42:53 am »

Quote from: BFoto
Seems the poster missed the shadows of the bars left on the leaves though!

That old Clone tool is so 1990.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 10:56:15 am »

Quote from: digitaldog
I don’t know who I feel sorry for more, Jerry or Adobe. In either case, what has been posted about CS5 is worthless.

Are you a marketing guru or a color-management expert?  Or both?

Your fat, old, hairy friend would point out that until you've organized the marketing for a product as big as CS5, you can't comment.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 11:04:12 am »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Are you a marketing guru or a color-management expert?  Or both?

Your fat, old, hairy friend would point out that until you've organized the marketing for a product as big as CS5, you can't comment.

Got zero to do with marketing here. You’ve posted two images, one that presumably was done with super duper new features of CS5 that you can’t talk about (and as pointed out on two sites, not processed that well), and we the readers are supposed to gain some useful knowledge other than you have a late beta and you can’t use it very well. The only information we’ve seen here or from the same images you’ve posted to at least two other sites is, you got a beta, you can show two images that don’t look the same and that the newer processed image, of which you can say nothing about needs more Photoshop work. You think you helped Adobe’s marketing or your own? My point is, neither.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up