Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Made with Adobe Photoshop CS5  (Read 11075 times)

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Made with Adobe Photoshop CS5
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:11:34 am »

As a pre release tester of Adobe Photoshop CS5, I was asked to post some images made with CS5. The following example was a quick edit using Photoshop CS5 done on my MacBook Pro using just the track pad.

I am not authorized to discuss the features of the program until the product launch at 11 AM April 12, 2010.

Gerald J Skrocki

bwphoto

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:25 am »

Simply amazing!  The fact that it was just a "quick" edit makes it even more so.  This type of retouching would takes hours to perfect.  Can't wait for the release.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:36:30 am »

Goodie!     Particularly impressive is the reconstruction of the trailing edge of the wing.

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »

Oh boy ... this will have the Photoshop police going CRAZY!

CS5 will probably be outlawed in some jurisdictions ...

jerryrock

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:33:25 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Oh boy ... this will have the Photoshop police going CRAZY!

No, Just Andrew Rodney. Apparently Adobe didn't check with him first before they began this marketing campaign!  
Gerald J Skrocki

DarkPenguin

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »

Kind of implies the content aware stuff we've seen elsewhere is in the release...

fredjeang

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 06:19:50 pm »

I knew something like that was about to happened,  
and sure it is one tool, 10 seconds watch in hand.
God, my "old" CS3 is going to go to the recycle tool.

Any dispaches from the field regarding more minute tools for fashion? Hope something for the hairs and a direct render for skins brands.
The D&G skin tone, the Chanel's etc...
Another one called anti-anorexic model tool, etc...

What would we do without Adobe now?

Fred.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 06:24:29 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Kind of implies the content aware stuff we've seen elsewhere is in the release...

Or the clone tool we’ve had since version 1.0. You’ll never know for sure until NDAs are up, making posting such images far from useful. But anyone is welcome to assume or imply whatever they wish to toot their own horn in this case.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

DarkPenguin

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 06:27:03 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
Or the clone tool we've had since version 1.0. You'll never know for sure until NDAs are up, making posting such images far from useful. But anyone is welcome to assume or imply whatever they wish to toot their own horn in this case.

That's super.

jerryrock

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:42:50 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
Or the clone tool we’ve had since version 1.0. You’ll never know for sure until NDAs are up, making posting such images far from useful. But anyone is welcome to assume or imply whatever they wish to toot their own horn in this case.

And apparently anyone is free to make false accusations of NDA violations, and other disparaging remarks because they are SO useful.
Gerald J Skrocki

tokengirl

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 08:30:43 pm »

CS5 does a LOT more than you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ScWu7pG7r0

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 09:12:22 pm »

Quote from: tokengirl

FINALLY we're back on topic

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 10:06:16 pm »

Quote from: tokengirl

:-)

But is the Mac version 64bits and are the core processes like open and save multi-threaded?

Cheers,
Bernard

Ray

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 10:08:52 pm »

Wow! I'm really impressed!

I never found much reason to upgrade from CS3E to CS4E so I'm still using CS3E. However, I will find these 'context aware' features extremely useful.

I assume there will be no problem upgrading from CS3 to CS5. I mean, it won't be more expensive than upgrading from CS4, will it?

Well done, Adobe!

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

Quote from: jerryrock
I am not authorized to discuss the features of the program until the product launch at 11 AM April 12, 2010.

Hum, I guess the "newness" of being granted early access to software gets some people a bit over excited...

I suspect (but don't know for a fact) that you got added as a late beta tester via the NAPP call for beta testers? If so, you were chosen more for your test platform that your personal value as a tester...

Since Andrew and I are not part of any late beta program, I suspect that our reaction to somebody announcing that they are a beta tester and are being encouraged to state that they are a beta tester and then show images supposedly done in a beta Photoshop CS5 and then state they can't talk about how they did the images and what features they used is, well, silly.

The before/after could have been done with ANY version of Photoshop from the last decade...and the fact that you did it easier using Content Aware Fill (and maybe other techniques) is, well, I suppose YOU can't talk about it but John Nack has already posted a blog post about Content Aware Fill that well, means you CAN talk about it (if you understand your NDA).

Since you are "not authorized to discuss the features" of CS5, you might want to spend your time actually testing the beta and filing bug reports–which is the general role of a beta tester ya know?

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »

Quote from: Ray
Wow! I'm really impressed!

I never found much reason to upgrade from CS3E to CS4E so I'm still using CS3E. However, I will find these 'context aware' features extremely useful.

I assume there will be no problem upgrading from CS3 to CS5. I mean, it won't be more expensive than upgrading from CS4, will it?

Well done, Adobe!
You can upgrade from up to three versions back,same cost. But if you have CS1, upgrade to CS4 after April 12th and you will then get bumped to CS5, jumping 4 generations.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:07 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
Since Andrew and I are not part of any late beta program, I suspect that our reaction to somebody announcing that they are a beta tester and are being encouraged to state that they are a beta tester and then show images supposedly done in a beta Photoshop CS5 and then state they can't talk about how they did the images and what features they used is, well, silly.

Since you are "not authorized to discuss the features" of CS5, you might want to spend your time actually testing the beta and filing bug reports–which is the general role of a beta tester ya know?
It appears late Beta testers have been officially encouraged to do exactly what Jerry Rock has done. i.e. show before and after shots of their own, but with no explanation of how anything was done. They are playing a slightly different role to normal beta testers it would seem.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:03:03 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

hubell

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 11:11:23 pm »

Hum, I guess the "newness" of being granted early access to software gets some people a bit over excited...

I suspect (but don't know for a fact) that you got added as a late beta tester via the NAPP call for beta testers? If so, you were chosen more for your test platform that your personal value as a tester...

The before/after could have been done with ANY version of Photoshop from the last decade...and the fact that you did it easier using Content Aware Fill (and maybe other techniques) is, well, I suppose YOU can't talk about it but John Nack has already posted a blog post about Content Aware Fill that well, means you CAN talk about it (if you understand your NDA).

Ya know...it's a good thing Adobe makes makes a hell of a good product and has a virtual monopoly because, with guys like you being "a" public face of the product, they would otherwise be in BIG trouble.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 11:27:08 pm »

Quote from: hcubell
Ya know...it's a good thing Adobe makes makes a hell of a good product and has a virtual monopoly because, with guys like you being "a" public face of the product, they would otherwise be in BIG trouble.

What makes you think I'm a public face of the product?

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 11:43:07 pm »

What makes you think I'm a public face of the product?
I think you're definitely the public 'something' of the product ... but certainly not the face ...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up