Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SanDisk Extreme Pro ExpressCard Adapter Problems  (Read 2343 times)

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
SanDisk Extreme Pro ExpressCard Adapter Problems
« on: March 27, 2010, 10:52:33 am »

Been trying to use this with Lightroom 2.6.

Yesterday I receive the SandDisk Extreme Pro ExpressCard Adapter from SanDisk.
Currently I am using a MacBook Pro 2.66 (June 2009) 8GB DDR with Snow Leopard 10.6.2.
I installed the software using the CD provided according to SanDisk instruction.
Now the problem is when I insert the card into the express port a message pops up on the screen that you must shut down using the power button.

Has anyone else used this card?  If so did you have any problems?

I have contacted SanDisk support.  All they stated was to uninstall the software using the CD provided and reinstall.
However that does not work as when I try to use that feature (remover) is states:

"You can't open the application "SanDisk_DriverRemover" because it"s not supported on this type of Mac."

I also have a SanDisk Firewire 800 card reader that works with no problem.

francois

SanDisk Extreme Pro ExpressCard Adapter Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:04:20 pm »

Quote from: StuartOnline
Been trying to use this with Lightroom 2.6.

Yesterday I receive the SandDisk Extreme Pro ExpressCard Adapter from SanDisk.
Currently I am using a MacBook Pro 2.66 (June 2009) 8GB DDR with Snow Leopard 10.6.2.
I installed the software using the CD provided according to SanDisk instruction.
Now the problem is when I insert the card into the express port a message pops up on the screen that you must shut down using the power button.

Has anyone else used this card?  If so did you have any problems?

I have contacted SanDisk support.  All they stated was to uninstall the software using the CD provided and reinstall.
However that does not work as when I try to use that feature (remover) is states:

"You can't open the application "SanDisk_DriverRemover" because it"s not supported on this type of Mac."

I also have a SanDisk Firewire 800 card reader that works with no problem.

Read Rob Galbraith's article on card readers: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/reader_re...p?cid=6007-9392

Here's something about the SanDisk card reader:
"And finally, we have also encountered the occasional OS X kernel panic when using the CFExpressPro+, with a Mac that is otherwise stable and contains a fresh operating system install."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:05:09 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up