Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3880 evaluation - questions?  (Read 1583 times)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
3880 evaluation - questions?
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:49:32 am »

I've currently got a 3880 on loan from Epson UK for a review - if anyone has any specific questions or aspects they think should be be specifically looked at, please let me know?
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 07:26:59 am »

Quote from: keith_cooper
I've currently got a 3880 on loan from Epson UK for a review - if anyone has any specific questions or aspects they think should be be specifically looked at, please let me know?
If you print on Ilford Gold Fibre see if you can get the rear feeder to work.  I continue to get a skew paper error.  It's no big deal as the paper is thin enough to go through the sheet feeder without a hitch but I'm always concerned about the paper getting jerked around a little as it sets in.

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:18 am »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
If you print on Ilford Gold Fibre see if you can get the rear feeder to work.  I continue to get a skew paper error.  It's no big deal as the paper is thin enough to go through the sheet feeder without a hitch but I'm always concerned about the paper getting jerked around a little as it sets in.
Not got that particular paper, but I tried several different Innova ones I use and, manual feed does seem noticeably better than when I tried the 3800 a while back.  The only problem was a sheet of paper from an old box, with a bit of curl, it took a couple of goes to get it to go in.

A (slightly) curled sheet of Epson TPP went in OK - I don't actually use this paper much since it's a bit too flaky/dusty/fragile for my liking.
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor
Pages: [1]   Go Up