Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imaging an lcd display  (Read 1451 times)

Jeremy Payne

Imaging an lcd display
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:03:13 pm »

Strange question ... but I'm sure some of the imaging experts on the board can help ...

My father needs to capture images of a 10 inch diagonal display with a 1344 x 768 pixel resolution.

He'd like to use a dSLR to make this capture and needs to avoid aliasing and moire as much as possible as he needs a nearly perfect reconstruction of each pixel in the display in the final image.

Am I right to think that a 12mp sensor would provide enough over-sampling to get the job done?

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Imaging an lcd display
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:31:39 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Strange question ... but I'm sure some of the imaging experts on the board can help ...

My father needs to capture images of a 10 inch diagonal display with a 1344 x 768 pixel resolution.

He'd like to use a dSLR to make this capture and needs to avoid aliasing and moire as much as possible as he needs a nearly perfect reconstruction of each pixel in the display in the final image.

Am I right to think that a 12mp sensor would provide enough over-sampling to get the job done?

A screen capture utility such as SnagIt would work much better, if that's feasible.

Jeremy Payne

Imaging an lcd display
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:22:46 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
A screen capture utility such as SnagIt would work much better, if that's feasible.

Thanks, Peter ... but that wouldn't give you an image of the screen, just a image file that reconstructs the data sent to the screen.

This is a prototype display using new MEMs technology that is not yet in production - pretty cool stuff, actually.

For what they are trying to do, they need to actually image the physical pixels.

There is a 16mp industrial camera that they are now looking at ... my basic understanding of sampling theory tells me that this should probably do the trick, but I'm no expert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up