Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Displaying panoramic images on website  (Read 1807 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Displaying panoramic images on website
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:17:46 pm »

Hello, this may be the wrong forum, if so I apologise in advance. I photograph large panoramic images and wish to display them on my website (at a reduced size). I'm currently using quicktimeVR and it's quite effective. What I'd like to know is if anyone has experiences or recommendations they'd be willing to share? Feel free to take a look at: www.craig-stephen.co.uk  to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I've looked at Zoomify and linking to Gigapan and wasn't all that happy - any advice would be gladly received. Thank you, Craig

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »

Quote from: buzzski
Hello, this may be the wrong forum, if so I apologise in advance. I photograph large panoramic images and wish to display them on my website (at a reduced size). I'm currently using quicktimeVR and it's quite effective. What I'd like to know is if anyone has experiences or recommendations they'd be willing to share? Feel free to take a look at: www.craig-stephen.co.uk  to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. I've looked at Zoomify and linking to Gigapan and wasn't all that happy - any advice would be gladly received. Thank you, Craig

I'm not sure how widespread Quicktime plugins are outside of Macs, but they're certainly less common than Flash (ie. Zoomify and Gigapan). FWIW I use Zoomify, and the paid version gives a bit more control over it, including fullscreen view. Their new(ish) UI is prettier than the old, still not great.

Your pano didn't work for me but that cuold be because I've had FF pretty tightly locked down with NoScript and AdBlock Plus.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »

Hi,

The way I present my panos is mostly as slide shows. Here is a sample from Iceland:

http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/multimed...dafoss_720p.mov

It has been created using "Fotomagico" on Mac OS/X.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: buzzski
Erik Kaffehr

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:23 am »

one vote for zoomify. I have found it to be pretty good.  I think the zoomify display on this page turned out pretty well.

http://www.trailpixie.net/general/ice_tree_mornin.htm
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up