Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning sensors like the pros  (Read 5960 times)

didger

Cleaning sensors like the pros
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 10:24:53 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']
It is about $90 per gallon, which would clean a lot of sensors.
For such an esoteric product, this is actually incredibly cheap and it would indeed clean a lot of sensors probably a lifetime's worth for a whole bunch of people.  

If anyone wants to test this and it turns out to really work, I'd sure like to buy into it.  However, I don't think I want to be the one to buy the first gallon.  I've had too many failures and disappointments (and also a scratch in my sensor) from testing various cleaning methods.[/font]

BryanHansel

• www.bryanhansel.com
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 10:00:26 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']No, no, no, if it doesn't work the trick is that you pay yourself a big bonus as the CEO of Didger Cleaning Products before they take you to court, and you have a big product liability insurance policy to worry about those lawsuits.  Then you pay good money for a lobbist to head to D.C. and get a new law passed that forbids lawsuits vs. cleaning products for cameras.

And if it works, everyone comes out ahead.[/font]
Bryan Hansel
[url=http://www.paddling

U_Grsl

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2004, 02:48:30 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Consider this URL :
http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/pp....er.html[/font]

didger

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 11:26:59 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']
Sensor Swabs and Eclipse. And practice. I don't enjoy sensor cleaning, but I've gotten reasonably good at it.
Yeah, and I find that the Visible Dust products (electrostatic brushes and chamber clean) are good additional tools to use in conjunction with wet cleaning.  It's possible with these products to keep a 1ds functional, though the process is indeed not much fun, not 100% safe (scratch wise) and nowhere near 100% effective.  I hope the complaints grow loud enough and wide enough so that Canon won't do a 1ds Mark III 22 Mpixel camera in a few years with still no happy solution to the lame sensor contamination control situation.  Canon basically has their head in the sand (or maybe a worse place where the sun don't shine) where sensor contamination is concerned.  If it works OK in a Japanese clean room, you'll just have to settle for whatever results you get in real life.
Sorry, that's just not good enough and I'm not hustling to get the money together for a 1ds Mark II.  I'd also like to see comparison pictures of 100% crops taken with supreme quality prime lenses to see just how much those extra Mpixels is actually buying you.  I rather suspect not much, and certainly practically nothing at all if you're using Canon ultrawide lenses, which aren't even quite good enough for the original 1ds.
I hope some hands on critical testing will soon be done and results shared.  Just the increase in pixel count may not be worth all that much if you look through all the hoopla and marketing hype and the excitement of a bigger number.  We need very careful comparisons of image quality.[/font]

didger

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']
I'm in the dental industry and we use a liquid rubber product that one paints on, it then sets into a rubber.
Tomorrow at work (if I can rememeber) I'll give it a paint on a glass slab and see what I can come up with? I'll post back when I have given it a try.
If you think it might work on a camera sensor, please include info on how to get this stuff.  At this point I think I'm doing about as well as possible with a combination of sensor swabs and a sensor brush, but this regimen does not remove the smallest particles from edges and corners.  If your dental material could do that, I'd be in sensor cleaning heaven and I might stop my war against Canon for not providing any sensor cleaning method or information.[/font]

ascray

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 09:20:10 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Perhaps this horrific and inherently risky procedure will soon be at an end !    Sensor cleaning software has arrived !  

See :http://www.phototeknik.com/imageduster

Works only on 8 bit images at present , but a RAW image version is under development .  I have no connection with the creator of this software .[/font]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up