Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)  (Read 4674 times)

TSJ1927

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 114
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:10 PM »

Check out this link: Item # 270553407806

There must be at least 50 P25's and many P30 & P30+  selling for $1700.00 USD on a "Buy it now"


.................... Is this a scam?
Logged

amsp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 810
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »

Of course it's a scam, and it couldn't be more obvious.

Logged

gwhitf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 847
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »

Quote from: TSJ1927
.................... Is this a scam?

It is certainly a scam. Anytime you see an ad, and the "seller" wants you to contact them outside of Ebay like that, it is clearly a scam, and it should reported.

What's really fun is to write to the seller, (they always are in Eastern Europe in an internet cafe), and ask them to meet you in person. That always gets interesting.
Logged

Ken Bennett

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1634
    • http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »

Dunno, but I thought seeing these two threads at the same time was interesting:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....c=42579&hl=
Logged
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. Images: Work photos. Personal photos.

gwhitf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 847
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

Quote from: k bennett
Dunno, but I thought seeing these two threads at the same time was interesting:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....c=42579&hl=

Has nothing to do with that. This "seller" has never even seen a PhaseOne back. The goal is to hack an ebay account that is in good standing, and then load up those fraudulent ads and just HOPE that someone takes the bait and sends them Cash or Western Union quickly enough, before ebay takes the ads down. These clowns just track popular items and quickly upload these fake ads and then pray. The ads all have that telltale low-rez JPG (so that the text is unsearchable), asking you to contact them outside of ebay.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:27:00 PM by gwhitf »
Logged

paul_jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 574
    • http://www.paulrossjones.com
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »

Quote from: gwhitf
Has nothing to do with that. This "seller" has never even seen a PhaseOne back. The goal is to hack an ebay account that is in good standing, and then load up those fraudulent ads and just HOPE that someone takes the bait and sends them Cash or Western Union quickly enough, before ebay takes the ads down. These clowns just track popular items and quickly upload these fake ads and then pray. The ads all have that telltale low-rez JPG (so that the text is unsearchable), asking you to contact them outside of ebay.


the same seller is selling quite a few profoto 7a2400 packs, but looking at the photo, the photos  are stolen off another auction.

Logged
check my new website
http://www.paulrossjones.com

gwhitf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 847
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »

Quote from: paul_jones
the same seller is selling quite a few profoto 7a2400 packs, but looking at the photo, the photos  are stolen off another auction.

If only he'd do an auction for a Pentax 645D. Even though I know it's a fraud, I swear to you, I'd still send him $1700, in hopes.
Logged

paul_jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 574
    • http://www.paulrossjones.com
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »

Quote from: gwhitf
If only he'd do an auction for a Pentax 645D. Even though I know it's a fraud, I swear to you, I'd still send him $1700, in hopes.


shout me over to the states, via tokyo, and ill pick up a few for you and me.  it will be cheaper to that than buy anything else.

even more reason if the new lightroom ends up tethering pentax like they are promising for canon and nikon.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/procreative/news...NewsID=3218063:

paul
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:31:33 AM by paul_jones »
Logged
check my new website
http://www.paulrossjones.com

jing q

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 594
    • we are super
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:25 AM »

if anyone wants a Pentax 645D i'm headed there in April.
I'm willing to ship over in exchange for a bit of commission!
Logged

Kumar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 697
    • http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Phase One P25 & P30's on EBAY (many - Why?)
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 05:25:38 AM »

And I'm already here!

Kumar
Pages: [1]   Go Up