Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Untagged Image Colorsync Bug in CS5?  (Read 1292 times)

djoy

Untagged Image Colorsync Bug in CS5?
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:08:27 am »

There are those who frequent this forum who will likely have privileged access to Adobe software before public release ( I'm thinking Mr Chan, Mr Schewe, Mr Lyons amongst others ).

I also fully understand they will be bound by confidentiality agreements and have obligations in that respect, so it would not be fair to ask them to divulge information they cannot prior to Adobe's just announced release date of April 12th.

However... ( and you knew that was coming didn't you? ), I'm wondering if any of those people are in a position to give any information on whether THAT issue ( you know the one, the inability to print untagged RGB images through Colorsync for printer profiling ) has been addressed in any way.

If their obligations prevent them from saying, so be it, this thread will likely hang around a couple of weeks till the software is out and can then be discussed openly.

Really I'm just trying to get an idea if the issue has been addressed to help my buying decision. I'm sure Adobe don't care about little ole me, but I won't be upgrading unless it has, after such a major issue has been basically ignored for over a year I simply cannot justify upgrading to new software which still has the same issues, there's a recession on doncha know. This isn't to say the problem is exclusively Adobe's fault either, I don't believe for one moment it is, but they've not released anything to counter it ( Eric Chan's admirable personal contribution aside ). To be honest, I've actually stopped using CS4 and gone back to CS3 just because it gives me less problems, if CS5 doesn't fix those problems I have no reason to upgrade.

Doyle Yoder

Untagged Image Colorsync Bug in CS5?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:29:46 am »

Wait to see what 10.6.3 brings or upgrade your printers. The likelihood that this is an Adobe problem is pretty slim since it does not affect all printers.

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up