Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe CS5  (Read 19545 times)

Farmer

Adobe CS5
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 06:25:23 pm »

Quote from: bjanes
Windows CS4 with a 64 bit OS installs both 32 and 64 bit versions and the 32 bit plugins work fine in 32 bit mode. Perhaps the same will apply to the Mac.

On the Mac it's a single binary that can be run in either 32 or 64 bit mode.  If your plugin is 32 bit you'll need to run in 32 bit mode.  That said, with both Win and Mac now with 64 I think you'll find plug in makers will be more forthcoming for 64 bit versions.

I hardly ever fire up 32 bit CS4 or CS5.
Phil Brown

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Adobe CS5
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 08:20:28 pm »

Quote from: Farmer
On the Mac it's a single binary that can be run in either 32 or 64 bit mode.  If your plugin is 32 bit you'll need to run in 32 bit mode.  That said, with both Win and Mac now with 64 I think you'll find plug in makers will be more forthcoming for 64 bit versions.

I hardly ever fire up 32 bit CS4 or CS5.

I found the option in Photoshop CS5 for Mac. CMD + I will open the info box giving you the option of starting in 32bit mode, the default is 64bit.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:32:15 pm by jerryrock »
Gerald J Skrocki

Farmer

Adobe CS5
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 09:15:52 pm »

Quote from: jerryrock
I found the option in Photoshop CS5 for Mac. CMD + I will open the info box giving you the option of starting in 32bit mode, the default is 64bit.

I don't have a Mac with CS5 on it handy at the moment, but you may be able to run both (ie run two instances) at once?  You can't on a PC.  Jerry, perhaps you could test?
Phil Brown

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Adobe CS5
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 12:41:09 am »

Quote from: Farmer
I don't have a Mac with CS5 on it handy at the moment, but you may be able to run both (ie run two instances) at once?  You can't on a PC.  Jerry, perhaps you could test?

On the Mac platform you can not run two versions of Photoshop CS5 at one time, but you can run CS5 64bit and CS4 32bit at once.
Gerald J Skrocki

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Adobe CS5
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 02:30:21 am »

Quote from: jerryrock
On the Mac platform you can not run two versions of Photoshop CS5 at one time, but you can run CS5 64bit and CS4 32bit at once.

I'm not sure, but as far as I know if you upgrade from CS4 to CS5, your CS4 key won't work any longer if you have CS5 activated ?
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Adobe CS5
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 02:45:28 am »

Quote from: Christopher
I'm not sure, but as far as I know if you upgrade from CS4 to CS5, your CS4 key won't work any longer if you have CS5 activated ?

Wrong...activations are version specific...

Christopher

Adobe CS5
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:58 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
Wrong...activations are version specific...

Well than it could be a windows thing or my laptop thing, just tried it again from from CS3 to CS4 and CS3 wasn't activated after that. However it is possible to reactivate CS3 again after that.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

marliz

Adobe CS5
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 08:04:08 pm »

Quote from: bjanes
Windows CS4 with a 64 bit OS installs both 32 and 64 bit versions and the 32 bit plugins work fine in 32 bit mode. Perhaps the same will apply to the Mac.

Actually, I have some favorite plugins and would want to update them anyhow for the new features.

One of the biggest reasons for me to upgrade now, while I can get CS4 and CS5 for the one price, is that having the later versions can save a lot of money down the road; now that Adobe limits the upgrades to the last few versions. Might as well upgrade rather than have to buy the whole thing over again - assuming one will be replacing computers and operating systems; at some point  the older software won't transfer.

Life was so much less complicated before computers!

Christopher

Adobe CS5
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 03:25:10 am »

Quote from: marliz
Actually, I have some favorite plugins and would want to update them anyhow for the new features.

One of the biggest reasons for me to upgrade now, while I can get CS4 and CS5 for the one price, is that having the later versions can save a lot of money down the road; now that Adobe limits the upgrades to the last few versions. Might as well upgrade rather than have to buy the whole thing over again - assuming one will be replacing computers and operating systems; at some point  the older software won't transfer.

Life was so much less complicated before computers!

The great thing about CS5 is that finally PS is 64 bit even on macs and many plugin will finally be updated to 64bit, which did not happen to often so far.
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up