Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR web galleries and browser cache  (Read 1082 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
LR web galleries and browser cache
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:53 pm »

After I make changes to my gallery in LR and upload them, I always check things out in a browser to make sure the changes are what I intended. Sometimes I get the old version of the page and have to refresh in order to see the new version. I am worried that this might happen to visitors who are coming back to the site - they will be seeing old versions of the pages and be totally unaware of it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Jeremy Payne

LR web galleries and browser cache
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 05:29:41 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
After I make changes to my gallery in LR and upload them, I always check things out in a browser to make sure the changes are what I intended. Sometimes I get the old version of the page and have to refresh in order to see the new version. I am worried that this might happen to visitors who are coming back to the site - they will be seeing old versions of the pages and be totally unaware of it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Yes there definitely is a way to bypass the cache ... although I'm not 100% sure how to do it!

PS ...

I went looking and I found this link after I read your post ...

http://forums.webhostdir.com/showthread.php?p=13056
Pages: [1]   Go Up