Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoodloupe3  (Read 2393 times)

J. Paul

Hoodloupe3
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:56:46 am »

I just read (with interest) about the new Hoodloupe3.  I have the previous version and found it lacking in all the areas you mentioned.  I was considering purchasing the new loupe until I read that the screen resolution on my Canon 1Ds Mark III may not be sufficient for this loupe.  Michael, what do you think?
Regards,
J. Paul Moore

francois

Hoodloupe3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:27:49 am »

I'm not Michael but I use a Hoodloupe 3 on a 1Ds3. It makes the rear display readable in bright sunlight and, even if the rear display has not the resolution  of a 5D2 or other more modern cameras, it's still useful for LiveView.
Francois

J. Paul

Hoodloupe3
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:33:24 pm »

francois, thanks for the info.
J. Paul

Quote from: francois
I'm not Michael but I use a Hoodloupe 3 on a 1Ds3. It makes the rear display readable in bright sunlight and, even if the rear display has not the resolution  of a 5D2 or other more modern cameras, it's still useful for LiveView.

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
Hoodloupe3
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:17:14 pm »

I never used the old one, but I find the new one to be very useful on a 3" LCD.  Living in a place where the sun seems to always be out, it saves me from hoping I got everythingright in-camera, only to find that my focus was a bit off or something similar.  Now that I have one, it's easy to see why people rave about it.

francois

Hoodloupe3
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:36:49 am »

Quote from: J. Paul
francois, thanks for the info.
J. Paul
You're welcome Paul.
I'd add that on the 1Ds3, the Hoodloupe3 is useful also for focusing, despite the lower resolution of the display and, as said above, I can now read histograms in well lit places.
Francois

peterpix

• http://perpublisher.com
Hoodloupe3
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:07 pm »

Quote from: francois
You're welcome Paul.
I'd add that on the 1Ds3, the Hoodloupe3 is useful also for focusing, despite the lower resolution of the display and, as said above, I can now read histograms in well lit places.

Take a look at the Zacuto finders, much better than Hoodman.  I love mine!

http://store.zacuto.com/home.php?xid=9027c...27e1b30162d23f8

Peter

Peter Randall

J. Paul

Hoodloupe3
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »

Hey Peter,
Thanks for the heads up on the Z finders.  I need to save up my pennies after purchasing the new Canon 24mm TSE II lens.
J. Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up