Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Back on Mamiya RZ 67 Pro 1  (Read 11285 times)

harlemshooter

Digital Back on Mamiya RZ 67 Pro 1
« on: March 21, 2010, 04:32:38 pm »

are there any digital backs which can be mounted on the mamiya rz67 pro (version 1) without any sort of adapter?

Joe Behar

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:39:49 pm »

Quote from: harlemshooter
are there any digital backs which can be mounted on the mamiya rz67 pro (version 1) without any sort of adapter?

I can only speak to Phase One and Leaf, but they both require an adapter plate. As I remember, so does the ZD back from Mamiya.

RobertJ

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 12:07:28 am »

Without an adapter: No.

With one of the many adapters, the RZ can mount more digital backs than any other camera system available today from all brands.  With the appropriate adapter, it can take backs that have Mamiya 645AFD mounts, as well as Hassy V, Hassy H, and Leaf AFi mounts.

It's actually more versatile than the newer RZIID, IMO.

rgb

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:53:08 am »

with the adapter, how to adjust the RZ ISO setting, to make AE functional?

ixpressraf

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:10:05 am »

I use a 384c/528c Imacon back on the RZ and this one fits without aditional Hasselblad-V or mamiya 645AF adapter. The old multishot backs work fine on an RZ 1+2 wihout costing to much( in fact, a 132c costs only a bit more then the 645AFD/RZ adapterplate).

ced

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 04:43:25 am »

The RZ is a 6x7 format camera and all the backs currently out there are less than a 6x6 so one needs an adaptor to attach to the camera and also make the smaller format compatible.
This is not an issue as the cost of the adaptor is a fractional addition to the overall outlay and with such a system your back is quite flexible to carry to other platforms.

emendoz1

• http://www.photographydesign.org
Re: Digital Back on Mamiya RZ 67 Pro 1
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 11:10:11 pm »

Did you ever get a digital back for your rz? I bought a Kodak a while back and use it for product and food photography, and an occasional portrait.

Ed
Eddy Mendoza/Photographer & Talent Scout
http://www.photographydesign.org
emendoz1@gmail.com
818-391-7305

Imaginara

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 06:28:01 am »

Hm just curious, what adapter would you need to mount a P25 on a RZ Pro2 (not D variant) and what cables? Is it one of those split dual cables to get it to fire properly or?

/Henrik

RobertJ

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »

The P25 would need to be a Hassy V mount back, not a Mamiya/Phase 645 mount, and you would use the "RZ67 Adapter for LightPhase" adapter (look on ebay! http://cgi.ebay.com/Phase-One-Mamiya-RZ-Adaptor-Hasselblad-V-Mount-/130445868742?pt=Digital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item1e5f2dfec6 ).

TMARK

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:46:49 am »

As to attaching a P25 to an RZ I or II, you can use a "dead plate" like the ones from Leaf.  Ther eis no electrical connection between back and body.  I believe you need to trigger thePhase back with a "one shot" cable that provides the wakeup, and a lens to back cable.  I thought this method of firing the back was too complicated, so I went with Leaf backs that do not require a wakeup. 

I believe that the Hass. V to RZ adapter provides a wakeup signal, but I may be wrong.  I also believe that th adapter does not rotate.  The Leaf adapters rotate.

Good luck.  I think an RZ Pro I, a few lenses, and a few finders, at under $500, is one of the best MFDB platforms you can get.  Soft mirror return, GREAT lenses, tough, leaf shutters. 

RobertJ

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:47 pm »

Leaf has adapters that allow Hassy H, Hassy V, Mamiya 645AFD, and even AFi backs to be mounted to the RZ - that's the great thing about Leaf.

However, I don't think Phase backs even fit on the adapters, even if it's the same mount, but I'm not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up