Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100/Snow Leopard issues  (Read 1548 times)

Matt Addington

Z3100/Snow Leopard issues
« on: March 21, 2010, 01:19:33 pm »

I have been printing just fine to many media on my Z3100 and just recently upgraded to Snow Leopard on my mac.  Seemingly found the correct driver because the HP print utility connects just fine to the printer and everything can be managed from there just fine.

However, when I send a file to print the print dialogue box shows the file spooling to the printer, but this message shows up in the status box:

No %%BoundingBox: comment in header!

The file disappears from the print queue and never prints.

Any help??

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:23 pm »

Quote from: Matt Addington
I have been printing just fine to many media on my Z3100 and just recently upgraded to Snow Leopard on my mac.  Seemingly found the correct driver because the HP print utility connects just fine to the printer and everything can be managed from there just fine.

However, when I send a file to print the print dialogue box shows the file spooling to the printer, but this message shows up in the status box:

No %%BoundingBox: comment in header!

The file disappears from the print queue and never prints.

Any help??

I would say reinstall all the new HP software and try again.

http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/...3183_4041_100__

With me it all seems to work.
Also i think the software update from Apple will provide you with the HP software.

good luck..!

PS  my situation:

HP Z3100--44 inch
OSX 10.6.2
printerdriver 4.2
firmware 7.003

I have APS installed 1.41
- that now also works

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 07:58:58 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 06:22:58 pm »

I'm on the PS driver instead of the raster driver and have gotten that message since upgrading to 10.5 quite some time ago.  It has never actually been more than annoying message for me, however.  I always assumed that it was just a quirk of the Postscript driver.  I look at it as my printer swearing at me.  I suspect you have a networking issue, and would check your settings, since you probably had to reset many things with the upgrade.  The message may be a symptom of another issue, but I would not take it alone as a fatal flaw, as it has never caused me more than a little consternation.  Are you setting your printer up to connect via HP JetDirect, USB, or another method?
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Matt Addington

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 09:36:19 am »

I did reinstall things and found that the PS driver was the issue.  Everything is working fine now.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up