Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon plugin for FCP  (Read 4971 times)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Canon plugin for FCP
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:26:43 pm »

Canon have finally released their EOS E-1 plug in for the Log & Transfer function of Final Cut Pro.

Downloadable from Canon here.

This will make the logging and preview of Canon DSLRs (5D, 7D, 1D) video footage a little easier for Final Cut users.

A Caveat: make sure that you copy the complete file structure off the CF card if you want to use this plugin from an HD copy or back up of original media.

As always, my favourite MPEG StreamClip beats FCP/Compressor in transcoding speeds but the Canon plugin will give an FCP user the more elegant abilities of Log & Transfer such as adding logging info,  In & Out points and as well - previewing out the ever-present shots of my right foot...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:40:11 pm by Chris Sanderson »

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Canon plugin for FCP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:39:11 pm »

Thanks a lot. Any chance this plugin to work with FCExpress?
Eduardo

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
Canon have finally released their EOS E-1 plug in for the Log & Transfer function of Final Cut Pro.

Downloadable from Canon here.

This will make the logging and preview of Canon DSLRs (5D, 7D, 1D) video footage a little easier for Final Cut users.

A Caveat: make sure that you copy the complete file structure off the CF card if you want to use this plugin from an HD copy or back up of original media.

As always, my favourite MPEG StreamClip beats FCP/Compressor in transcoding speeds but the Canon plugin will give an FCP user the more elegant abilities of Log & Transfer such as adding logging info,  In & Out points and as well - previewing out the ever-present shots of my right foot...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Canon plugin for FCP
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:39:56 am »

Quote from: uaiomex
Thanks a lot. Any chance this plugin to work with FCExpress?
Since I do not have FCX, I am not certain. But if the Log and Transfer command is there in the File menu, there is no reason that it should not. Let us know.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Canon plugin for FCP
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »

Nope, there's no such thing.  
Eduardo

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
Since I do not have FCX, I am not certain. But if the Log and Transfer command is there in the File menu, there is no reason that it should not. Let us know.

DavidP

• papas.com
Canon plugin for FCP
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 03:00:13 am »

Log and Transfer is there under the file menu in Final Cut Express 4. but the plug in does not seem to work. I installed it on a friends with Final Cut Pro and it did work when you opened Log and Transfer and worked quite will, nothing shows up in FC EX though.
Also I get this error message when opening about "codec not found" since installing it.

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
Canon plugin for FCP
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10:07 pm »

Quote from: DavidP
Log and Transfer is there under the file menu in Final Cut Express 4. but the plug in does not seem to work. I installed it on a friends with Final Cut Pro and it did work when you opened Log and Transfer and worked quite will, nothing shows up in FC EX though.
Also I get this error message when opening about "codec not found" since installing it.

It is trying to use the ProRes422 codec (the encoder part) which isn't available for FCX. The decoder is freely downloadable from Apple but won't help in this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up