Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Resolution Settings on Gloss Media  (Read 2121 times)

deanwork

Z3100 Resolution Settings on Gloss Media
« on: March 20, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »

I'm trying to select BOTH the Max Detail AND the More Passes boxes on the Z3100 Mac driver for fiber gloss media. With all the gloss media the More Passes check box is grayed out?

According to the HP doc, printing with max detail and more passes both checked renders - 2400x1200
 Printing with only Max Detail renders - 1200x1200

file:///Users/johndean/Desktop/HP%20Designjet%20Z3100%20Photo%20Printer%20series%C2%A0-%C2%A0%20HP%20Designjet%20Z3100%20Photo%20Printer%20Series%20-%20Printer%20specifications%20-%20c00806119%20-%20HP%20Business%20Support%20Center.webarchive

But I am only able to select the More Passes box with Matt media?? This doc says using both is available ONLY to gloss media and I'm seeing the driver the other way around...Not available in gloss media.

What the hell is this set up doing? I can't find out on the website.  Are they assigning more passes in the media preset Automatically... and an Option only for matte media or is my firmware screwed up?

Firmware Version -    TR12-TR_7.0.0.3     Latest Mac Driver

john

mshowe

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »

Quote from: deanwork
I'm trying to select BOTH the Max Detail AND the More Passes boxes on the Z3100 Mac driver for fiber gloss media. With all the gloss media the More Passes check box is grayed out?

According to the HP doc, printing with max detail and more passes both checked renders - 2400x1200
 Printing with only Max Detail renders - 1200x1200

file:///Users/johndean/Desktop/HP%20Designjet%20Z3100%20Photo%20Printer%20series%C2%A0-%C2%A0%20HP%20Designjet%20Z3100%20Photo%20Printer%20Series%20-%20Printer%20specifications%20-%20c00806119%20-%20HP%20Business%20Support%20Center.webarchive

But I am only able to select the More Passes box with Matt media?? This doc says using both is available ONLY to gloss media and I'm seeing the driver the other way around...Not available in gloss media.

What the hell is this set up doing? I can't find out on the website.  Are they assigning more passes in the media preset Automatically... and an Option only for matte media or is my firmware screwed up?

john
I am using a windows xp system and when i select a gloss type media and max detail the driver auto selects more passes,i do not know if this the case on a mac or not,i am using the Z3200, which i think is the same in that respect,it grey's out the more passes box but inserts a check mark in the box,hope this sheds some light in your question. Milt

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 02:39:48 pm »

Well I assume that is what is happening. It is grayed out without a check in that box in this Mac driver though. Oddly it allows you to select one or the other as an option of a checked box, but not both at the same time as it does with matte media. It's probably a default setting but they don't tell you. I think this was changed to this set up in later driver updates. Don't remember.

For the most part I am using QImage with these gloss media jobs and it always shows me the output resolution, which I selected as rendering resolution of 600 ppi and output resolution 2400x1200 dpi.

john

Quote from: mshowe
I am using a windows xp system and when i select a gloss type media and max detail the driver auto selects more passes,i do not know if this the case on a mac or not,i am using the Z3200, which i think is the same in that respect,it grey's out the more passes box but inserts a check mark in the box,hope this sheds some light in your question. Milt

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 04:35:04 pm »

hi john,
Have you done a simple restart of both the printer and your computer.

It seems the HP Software talking to the printer can get confused at times. In my case, at it's worst, it causes the HP Utility to quit.

My recent install of the latest firmware and driver has been much more stable. Check your versions, also.

Best of luck, TOM

mshowe

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »

Well I assume that is what is happening. It is grayed out without a check in that box in this Mac driver though. Oddly it allows you to select one or the other as an option of a checked box, but not both at the same time as it does with matte media. It's probably a default setting but they don't tell you. I think this was changed to this set up in later driver updates. Don't remember.

For the most part I am using QImage with these gloss media jobs and it always shows me the output resolution, which I selected as rendering resolution of 600 ppi and output resolution 2400x1200 dpi.

john
I also do all my prints from Qimage,it shows a native resolution of 300 ppi and 600ppi on my hp and canon and 360ppi and 720 on my epson's,if i set the driver to normal it gives a native resolution of 300 on the Z,any other setting in the windows driver gives 600ppi native resolution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up