Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A very disturbing exhibition  (Read 1532 times)

dwood

A very disturbing exhibition
« on: March 19, 2010, 01:38:49 pm »

Many of us, if not most, endeavor to capture the beauty of the world around us, whether it revolves around people, places or things. Sometimes, the photographer's camera is used to record the horrors that are, unfortunately, ever present. It's important that these images are recorded but it sure is painful to view them.

I recently discovered a site that focuses on the ravages of war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm still shaking from having viewed the slideshow. WARNING: if you want to visit this site, know that there are many, many pictures that are quite disturbing and hard to look at. Here's the link:

Battlespace link

ddk

• http://www.pbase.com/ddk
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:09:33 pm »

Quote from: dwood
Many of us, if not most, endeavor to capture the beauty of the world around us, whether it revolves around people, places or things. Sometimes, the photographer's camera is used to record the horrors that are, unfortunately, ever present. It's important that these images are recorded but it sure is painful to view them.

I recently discovered a site that focuses on the ravages of war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm still shaking from having viewed the slideshow. WARNING: if you want to visit this site, know that there are many, many pictures that are quite disturbing and hard to look at. Here's the link:

Battlespace link

Thanks for the link, some great images there, disturbing or otherwise...
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

dwood

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 04:47:23 pm »

Quote from: ddk
Thanks for the link, some great images there, disturbing or otherwise...
Yes, some very good work...just a bit hard to digest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up