Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cone Type 5 fiber gloss  (Read 1315 times)

mshowe

Cone Type 5 fiber gloss
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:10:25 pm »

Regards deanwork! if i might ask,what media in the Z driver are you using to make your paper preset for the Cone Type 5 fiber gloss? or if anyone else is using this media on an Hp Z3100 or 3200 please share your knowledge on this media. Thank You! Milt:

deanwork

Cone Type 5 fiber gloss
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

Hi Milt,

I am using the Fine Art Pearl, less ink, media setting. You can also use the Hp Baryta media setting for the same results.

I have found it gives a perfect print color on the Z when sending files over as grayscale with no color management. The neutral monochrome print color is totally uniform across the tonal spectrum, which is not always the case with Vivera inks, depending on the paper used.  There is absolutely no gloss differential evident. The only bronzing I witnessed was so so miniscule that you had to put it under a strong light and turn it just perfectly at an angle to see it and even then only in 100% K areas against light values. As in Photorag Baryta, one light coat of a uv coat and even that is gone.  I haven't used it for color yet. I think it will be extremely effective in large prints where it's slight texture will be the most useful. Small prints I would use Photorag Baryta or the Innova UltraSmooth.

john

Quote from: mshowe
Regards deanwork! if i might ask,what media in the Z driver are you using to make your paper preset for the Cone Type 5 fiber gloss? or if anyone else is using this media on an Hp Z3100 or 3200 please share your knowledge on this media. Thank You! Milt:

mshowe

Cone Type 5 fiber gloss
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 01:35:47 pm »

Quote from: deanwork
Hi Milt,

I am using the Fine Art Pearl, less ink, media setting. You can also use the Hp Baryta media setting for the same results.

I have found it gives a perfect print color on the Z when sending files over as grayscale with no color management. The neutral monochrome print color is totally uniform across the tonal spectrum, which is not always the case with Vivera inks, depending on the paper used.  There is absolutely no gloss differential evident. The only bronzing I witnessed was so so miniscule that you had to put it under a strong light and turn it just perfectly at an angle to see it and even then only in 100% K areas against light values. As in Photorag Baryta, one light coat of a uv coat and even that is gone.  I haven't used it for color yet. I think it will be extremely effective in large prints where it's slight texture will be the most useful. Small prints I would use Photorag Baryta or the Innova UltraSmooth.

john
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge on this media. Milt
Pages: [1]   Go Up