Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Phoenix locations for mid-March?  (Read 2168 times)

resumner

• http://www.reneesumner.com
Best Phoenix locations for mid-March?
« on: March 16, 2010, 12:38:21 am »

Hi, looking for good sunrise landscape locations around Phoenix.  I'm thinking desert widlflowers.  Moderate hikes are OK.  Would also like to see petroglyphs if there are any.  I have a few places in mind...maybe South Mountain or heading out to Tonto forest.  

Thanks,

Renee

Theresa

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 08:40:26 am »

Quote from: resumner
Hi, looking for good sunrise landscape locations around Phoenix.  I'm thinking desert widlflowers.  Moderate hikes are OK.  Would also like to see petroglyphs if there are any.  I have a few places in mind...maybe South Mountain or heading out to Tonto forest.  

Thanks,

Renee

I would take a drive up South Mountain which is the biggest municipal park in the U.S..  There are numerous opportunities to pull over on the road.  I took many sunrise and sunset photos on it.  I only lived a couple of miles from the entrance though.  I was pretty housebound while living there and didn't take advantage of other photo opportunities.  I wish I were back there as the weather here in Minnesota is greatly aggravating to my fibromyalgia.

resumner

• http://www.reneesumner.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:19:46 am »

Thanks!  I'm already back, but that is exactly where I went!  I also recommend it to anyone else.  The sunrise and the view of the city is great.  I drove up to Carefree and Cave City looking for wildflowers, they weren't all out yet.  Out by Lake Pleasant was pretty too.  The best spot besides South Mountain was the area by the Usery Mountains in the Tonto Ntnl Forest.  There was a rare rainstorm and everything was beautiful.  Got to go but can post photos later.

Renee

Quote from: Theresa
I would take a drive up South Mountain which is the biggest municipal park in the U.S..  There are numerous opportunities to pull over on the road.  I took many sunrise and sunset photos on it.  I only lived a couple of miles from the entrance though.  I was pretty housebound while living there and didn't take advantage of other photo opportunities.  I wish I were back there as the weather here in Minnesota is greatly aggravating to my fibromyalgia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up